Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Staying on the topic of P&B adverts, what are folks thoughts on The Line? It's a proposed 140km long city in Saudi Arabia costing 500 billion USD.

I for one am all behind the mad plans of dictators. The space hasn't been the same since@turkmenbashi died.

Should do a cracking job of deflecting from their exciting work in the field of human rights.

Will that be where they're hosting the World Cup in 2030?

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Staying on the topic of P&B adverts, what are folks thoughts on The Line? It's a proposed 140km long city in Saudi Arabia costing 500 billion USD.

I for one am all behind the mad plans of dictators. The space hasn't been the same since@turkmenbashi died.

It's like having a conurbation stretching from Edinburgh to Brechin. An M90 city I suppose.

Or you could have the M74 Glasgow to Carlisle city.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's like having a conurbation stretching from Edinburgh to Brechin. An M90 city I suppose.

Or you could have the M74 Glasgow to Carlisle city.

.. or Durness to John O Groats.

Would change the NC500 route experience completely!

Anyone ever used the fast park at Edinburgh Airport?  Is it as slick as it looks?
Yes I have. Its decent. I mean, if you are paying say 10 or 20 more than the other car parks it's worth it. If its more than that though I probably wouldn't bother.

It is slick though.

I'm thinking of getting a side job in the evenings to help pay the bills. One of the easiest to get seems to be delivering amazon parcels through amazon flex.

The website says I can expect to earn a minimum of £12ph, although I have to pay for fuel myself.

Has anyone here done this before and is it worth it?

4 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

I'm thinking of getting a side job in the evenings to help pay the bills. One of the easiest to get seems to be delivering amazon parcels through amazon flex.

The website says I can expect to earn a minimum of £12ph, although I have to pay for fuel myself.

If you have warm hands, there's a future for you in a niche movie business.

57 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

I tried it with Hermes. Check out the insurance situation if you're using your own vehicle, and bear in mind stopping and starting every few yards doesn't do wonders for the lifetime of your car/van. Apart from that the money you make and effort is determined by your route, if it's blocks of flats it can be knackering and frustrating when nobody will open the door, if it's rural you're burning money between each job. They try to vary the rate per package to reflect that, but a lot of the time it's the luck of the draw on your delivery area. I'd give it a go though, there's no harm in packing it in if it doesn't work for you, I didn't have to pay any money up front so it was no problem walking away. It would be a damned sight easier if more customers would mandate safe places to leave their junk btw..

7 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

Have PM'd you.