Quick Question Thread

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is the word steroid taking from the word asteroid,  or is it pure coincidence?

I'm no Suzy Dent but i'd go for coincidence. 

Asteroid is something to do with astro- meaning star. 

Steroid is to do with sterols (like cholesterol) which are some class of organic chemical. 

Maybe. 

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is the word steroid taking from the word asteroid,  or is it pure coincidence?

Coincidence

Greek for star is astēr, making asteroeidēs ‘starlike'.

on other hand, sterols are a group of compounds (one example being cholesterol), with steroid being derived from that.

How do I go about getting an NHS dentist? 

I was private but I cancelled that and now whoever I phone aren't accepting NHS (I have only tried three, tbf). 

Do I just need to keep phoning them until somebody says "Aye" or is there somewhere I can go and see ones with availability?

f**k phoning round loads.

I was private but I cancelled that and now whoever I phone aren't accepting NHS (I have only tried three, tbf). 
Do I just need to keep phoning them until somebody says "Aye" or is there somewhere I can go and see ones with availability?
Are you in Dundee? I'm sure the one on the Cleppie Road near Kingsway Tesco were advertising NHS dentists recently.
KW Dental.
https://www.kwdental.co.uk/

20 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Are you in Dundee? I'm sure the one on the Cleppie Road near Kingsway Tesco were advertising NHS dentists recently.
KW Dental.
https://www.kwdental.co.uk/

I've messaged them. You get through all the bumff then get told you're on the waiting list.

Thanks though!

Anybody been fucked around by morons on ebay? Young lad won a framed signed shirt for £67 starting bid was £50 no reserve or anything. Arsehole then says to him I'm not selling it for £67 it cost me £300, he's an older gentleman. Ebay involved now,  he's knows he's not going to get the shirt, but what happens to the seller clown? ebay just shut down his account and that would be it?

Thanks in advance.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

What sort of stuff you needing done?

The Dental Hospital should be able to sort you out. I've had a couple of check ups, two fillings and a tooth extracted there, the latter done last year when there were still loads of restrictions.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Anybody been fucked around by morons on ebay? Young lad won a framed signed shirt for £67 starting bid was £50 no reserve or anything. Arsehole then says to him I'm not selling it for £67 it cost me £300, he's an older gentleman. Ebay involved now,  he's knows he's not going to get the shirt, but what happens to the seller clown? ebay just shut down his account and that would be it?

Thanks in advance.

@BFTD

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thanks in advance.

Always nice to be mentioned in a thread for something other than sexual deviance  :lol:

He'll get a strike against him and, if he hasn't done it before, he'll be allowed to continue on as normal. He'd have to make it a very regular thing for them to shut his account. As a seller, I mainly get to see eBay's uselessness with regard to arsehole buyers, but there's obviously plenty of dickhead sellers too. I presume the young one hasn't actually parted with any money?

Think I actually preferred eBay when it was the Wild West. They decided to pretend they're like Amazon to encourage unsuspecting buyers, but when something goes wrong it's never their problem - contact the seller and sort it out with them  <_<

58 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

No idea. I'm just trying to get stuff sorted now I'm about to have some more time and a life during the week!

Might be worth trying them then. They can do a check up and advise if anything needs done and possibly even do any follow up stuff.

It's done by final year students and checked off by the supervisors, who are qualified dentists. Every step is checked over by the supervisor. Sometimes work is done by the dentists too. Fill out the form in the link below (a dowloadable PDF near the bottom) if you fancy it. It's all free as well.

https://www.dundee.ac.uk/guides/get-treatment-dundee-dental-hospital

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Always nice to be mentioned in a thread for something other than sexual deviance  :lol:

He'll get a strike against him and, if he hasn't done it before, he'll be allowed to continue on as normal. He'd have to make it a very regular thing for them to shut his account. As a seller, I mainly get to see eBay's uselessness with regard to arsehole buyers, but there's obviously plenty of dickhead sellers too. I presume the young one hasn't actually parted with any money?

Think I actually preferred eBay when it was the Wild West. They decided to pretend they're like Amazon to encourage unsuspecting buyers, but when something goes wrong it's never their problem - contact the seller and sort it out with them  <_<

Yeah, he's paid the chunt, don't tell me he can walk away with the money, and ebay does f**k all.

Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Illegal street dentist 

PGNPDcJYemOO.gif.d1eb4689c7518a7231edf485f274c6a3.gif

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, he's paid the chunt, don't tell me he can walk away with the money, and ebay does f**k all.

No. As soon as a dispute is raised the money will be taken back out of the sellers account (or leave him overdrawn to PayPal).