Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I have a himolla recliner for sale , it’s similar to one below and is about 10 years old but in great condition. How much should I ask for it when it’s £3k new 

72FB3090-0BDF-4679-B607-4CDFAF71A8ED.jpeg

That’s possibly the most horrific piece of furniture I’ve ever seen. The tip would likely turn that away. 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I have a himolla recliner for sale , it’s similar to one below and is about 10 years old but in great condition. How much should I ask for it when it’s £3k new 

72FB3090-0BDF-4679-B607-4CDFAF71A8ED.jpeg

That looks like one of those dogs with too much skin for its body. £50 would probably be too much.

I think the most important thing to ask is, has the salesman stopped laughing 10 years after pocketing £3k for it?

ETA - one of these dugs

Screenshot_20220603-110353.jpg

Edited by 101

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

That’s possibly the most horrific piece of furniture I’ve ever seen. The tip would likely turn that away. 

Hence the reason I suggested he dump it on a back road. Maybe some farm land or a golf course. They deserve it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

It’s not that exact model it was just the first thing I found when I googled the make.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m not doing that either - I’ll be at a barbecue drinking.

Hopefully you're arranging two baked potatoes and a sausage into a suitable shape on the barbecue 

We used to have an Ercol suite when I was wee. Solid wid, uncomfortable as f**k and generally hideous looking.  Like the shite below.  One day the old boy has had enough, takes it out the back and chops it up for firewood.  Old dear was raging but she got a new suite.

Turned out it was a rare model of the suite and was worth about £2k.  Silly c**t.

E7684FFD-4243-4A5F-AF06-148A88B37778.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Solid wid, uncomfortable as f**k and generally hideous looking.  but she got a new suite.

And there, ladies and gents, is the short synopsis of the life of Mrs Throbber.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is getting your TV thru talk talk a sensible option?

I got transferred to them years ago when they bought out Tiscali.

We ended up with horrific noise on the line that stopped our broadband connecting, and left the landline unusable. They fannied about for weeks claiming that they couldn't detect any noise, despite the fact that you got howling feedback whenever you picked up the handset.

I finally demanded that they send out a BT engineer to check the line - they refused. I asked for my complaint to be escalated - I was told that there was nobody more senior that I could talk to. I asked why I'd continue paying for a service that didn't work and I was told "you're entirely welcome to switch providers, sir".

So I switched provider, asked for an engineer, and a week later they told me that the cable leaving our house had been rubbing itself raw against a tree branch for years, so they replaced it and all has been well ever since.

So no, I wouldn't piss on TalkTalk if they were on fire. Singularly the worst customer service I've ever received.