Quick Question Thread

45 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

How many pubs do you need to visit for something to qualify as a pub crawl?

Two? Twenty?

37 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Not an exact number but enough to have you and your mates argue for months over just how many were visited.

IF two does count?  I've just returned from a pub crawl in the village.. 👍

On 28/05/2022 at 19:04, BFTD said:

Call me paranoid, but the internet put me right off the idea of having a meal at somebody else's house.

Surely you'd prefer the added phlegm / mucus / saliva / snotters / ejaculate to come from someone you know, rather than a complete stranger of a waiter / chef in a restaurant  ?

On 29/05/2022 at 16:45, Hedgecutter said:

How many pubs do you need to visit for something to qualify as a pub crawl?

Two? Twenty?

At least three.

Official definition mentions "several" which in turn is defined as more than two. 

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Surely you'd prefer the added phlegm / mucus / saliva / snotters / ejaculate to come from someone you know, rather than a complete stranger of a waiter / chef in a restaurant  ?

You wouldn't say that if you'd met some of the people I know.

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I think he was more worried about being dinner rather than the condiments.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I think he was more worried about being dinner rather than the condiments.

No, but I am now!

I hope they make sure I'm properly dead before they start (© John Hurt).

Had my letter through to renew my drivers licence. Went to grab my old one and found it is not in its designated safe place. Its in my house somewhere, but exactly where it is I couldn't say.

I've had a change in surname and address since I last used it which I've neglected to change.

How much of a pain in the arse is this going to be to sort out? Looking at the government website I can't see an option for me to renew my licence while making a change in name and address. Is there a paper form that exists somewhere that I can maybe grab from the post office that might help me sort this mess out?

59 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Had my letter through to renew my drivers licence. Went to grab my old one and found it is not in its designated safe place. Its in my house somewhere, but exactly where it is I couldn't say.

I've had a change in surname and address since I last used it which I've neglected to change.

How much of a pain in the arse is this going to be to sort out? Looking at the government website I can't see an option for me to renew my licence while making a change in name and address. Is there a paper form that exists somewhere that I can maybe grab from the post office that might help me sort this mess out?

Think I'd give this link a go..

https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-to-replace-a-driving-licence

6 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Did try that but it doesn't recognise my new address, despite the most recent letter and tax renewal letters all coming to that address.

Do you know your driving licence number? If so this link might work, you've probably already tried it though. Otherwise you'll probably have to try phoning them up and ask what to do.. Not very helpful, I know.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-to-replace-a-driving-licence

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Did try that but it doesn't recognise my new address, despite the most recent letter and tax renewal letters all coming to that address.

Whoops, wrong link above.

https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence?step-by-step-nav=c1f13d41-ed7f-44a3-be11-fd95525ddf40

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Looking at the website I reckon reincarnation is going to be the easiest option. Tried that links too but gives me an error and doesn't allow me to proceed. Cheers anyway, will try ringing them.

Edited by Rizzo

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Looking at the website I reckon reincarnation is going to be the easiest option. Tried that links too but gives me an error and doesn't allow me to proceed. Cheers anyway, will try ringing them.

In case you're worried, I was about 3 years late changing my address and didn't get fined. They finally tracked me down because they wanted to give me a speeding ticket!

47 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

In case you're worried, I was about 3 years late changing my address and didn't get fined. They finally tracked me down because they wanted to give me a speeding ticket!

I've had letters and stuff from them when its time to renew my road tax so they must have my new address on file somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I've had letters and stuff from them when its time to renew my road tax so they must have my new address on file somewhere.

Aye. I can't remember if was my driver license or my car that I didn't update with my new address, but their IT system seems like its from the stone age.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

This appeared on the wife’s, let’s call it arm, overnight and she’s no idea how it got there. I’ve mirrored the image and it appears to say …ION2.

Any ideas what the rest could say?

(washed  it off earlier)

4DFDC534-3FD5-4088-B8E4-2A1F991C72CC.jpeg

SION2