Quick Question Thread

9 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 04/04/2022 at 20:21, Mr. Alli said:

Apart from if you leave early without agreement from the employer they can bring in someone to replace you and send you the bill.

:lol:

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was at a gig at the weekend. One of the songs played before any bands came on was either a cover or a heavily-sampled version of Born Slippy by Underworld. Think not as heavy on the electric drum beats part but with an alternative/indie rock band kind of sound playing it. I can't remember if the regular lyrics were being sung or other ones, but I think it was different words. I've looked around the internet and can't find anything even really in this genre/style, never mind one that sounds like what I heard.

The closest I've been able to find is this, which is similar in style to what I heard but not as heavy, there was definitely a lot more bass in the version that was on. Anyone got any ideas? Was I hallucinating? 

There has been many remixes over the years, https://www.beatport.com/track/born-slippy/10511422  you can get a sample here.

Also know of a few Indie various, but can't find it.  Will keep looking, and get back to you.

Apologies if this has been brought up before.  Just seen an advert for Sky's new Glass tv that works sans dish and uses wifi.  Got me thinking about their previous "innovation" that was the 3D tv that, if i remember rightly, required 3D glasses to view.  Seems it didn't last long.  Did anyone here buy one of these TVs and was the 3D angle displayed via a particular setting and the rest of the programmes broadcast in HD ??  Don't know anyone who bought one, so not sure if the TVs still are in use or was it a very expensive turkey for those who bought one ??

50 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Apologies if this has been brought up before.  Just seen an advert for Sky's new Glass tv that works sans dish and uses wifi.  Got me thinking about their previous "innovation" that was the 3D tv that, if i remember rightly, required 3D glasses to view.  Seems it didn't last long.  Did anyone here buy one of these TVs and was the 3D angle displayed via a particular setting and the rest of the programmes broadcast in HD ??  Don't know anyone who bought one, so not sure if the TVs still are in use or was it a very expensive turkey for those who bought one ??

Sky didn't make the TV's, it was a feature quite a few smart TV's had for a while. I've a 9 year old LG tv that came with 4 pairs of the glasses. I just happened to be buying a TV at the brief time it was fashionable.

The 3D content was accessed through a setting, not that there was ever much of it.

After 3D There were a few curved TV's that came out. That was another flop I think.

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Any suggestions for car hire around West Fife or even Edinburgh? Tried looking at from Edinburgh Airport but the prices are fucking stupid nowadays.

Cheapest i could find online

image.jpeg.53f3e0a11a38b446485fe9d91b114dee.jpeg

You could try Hertz, but it would mean you'd need to get a taxi to Gorgie from the airport.

Edited by hearthammer

4 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Sky didn't make the TV's, it was a feature quite a few smart TV's had for a while. I've a 9 year old LG tv that came with 4 pairs of the glasses. I just happened to be buying a TV at the brief time it was fashionable.

The 3D content was accessed through a setting, not that there was ever much of it.

After 3D There were a few curved TV's that came out. That was another flop I think.

I never liked those 3D TVs. I fell asleep watching a Liverpool game and when I woke up my wallet was gone.

Any suggestions for a restaurant in Ayr that do takeaway collections? (Never used to be a thing but the pandemic practices seems to have stuck)

If there's none, what's the best quality Chinese in Ayr these days?
Tempura for takeaway. Chinese are all pretty similar. 88 for Chinese takeaway.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Any suggestions for car hire around West Fife or even Edinburgh? Tried looking at from Edinburgh Airport but the prices are fucking stupid nowadays.

Try McNicholl. They've got a branch in central Edinburgh (Lochrin Place) Also in Livingston.  0131-229-6333.

I've never been able to make out the so called 3D effects on a 3D tv or in a cinema. I've only been to see 3D once at the cinema though mind, absolutely years ago and couldn't understand the hype. 

The only time I saw the 3d tv nonsense was when I was at my brief time at Sky and they were showing it off at the Dunfermline office. Again, couldn't make anything out that was meant to be 3D. An utter, utter waste of time. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why have Lidl never adapted the glorious Oasis - Little by Little into their adverts for their own produce only changing the words slightly to Lidl by Lidl? 

Because they have good musical taste?

Why have Lidl never adapted the glorious Oasis - Little by Little into their adverts for their own produce only changing the words slightly to Lidl by Lidl? 
Because now you own the [emoji2399] to this wonderful idea.

On 07/04/2022 at 18:44, Stellaboz said:

The Van Man on Slateford Road. A very old school experience. 

Don't worry about it mate, il pick you up in my van. Don't worry about getting back to the airport either. Its all sorted.