Quick Question Thread

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My daughter is planning on going Dundee and this is probably what she’ll look like (minus the tache). 

Tell her to report to the Old Bank Bar every Friday by 5pm or she shall be chased out of the city limits and back to Fife. 

Renton is also welcome. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 09:24, Shandon Par said:

My daughter is planning on going Dundee and this is probably what she’ll look like (minus the tache). 

Tell her to never cross the threshold of the Marketgait and by no means ever venture near the Old Bank. It’s full of perverts.

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Tell her to never cross the threshold of the Marketgait and by no means ever venture near the Old Bank. It’s full of perverts.

My old French intern used to alter my email signatures, replacing “Director” with “Pervert”. 

Hopefully my kid will see sense and go to the local college to learn to be a brickie. She has her sights on working at Pixar.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My old French intern used to alter my email signatures, replacing “Director” with “Pervert”. 

Hopefully my kid will see sense and go to the local college to learn to be a brickie. She has her sights on working at Pixar.

Does Pixar employ brickes?

• 2 weeks later...

One for the joiners/flooring experts/ maybe even @Shandon Par as a wild card. 

Moving house, getting new engineered oak boards down, similar to what was put down in the the current house before I got here. (Why move?! I ken!!!) 

I was always told boards should be laid across the direction of traffic (as we currently have on the pic below) but, to a man (and Mrs a-p) , everyone tells me that I’m wrong and they should in fact be laid lengthways. 

Is this just the flooring guys looking for an easy life or am I genuinely operating at 90° from reality? 

3F1642C6-2938-4F4A-947D-4630A6A0E106.jpeg

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Moving house, getting new engineered oak boards down, similar to what was put down in the the current house before I got here. (Why move?! I ken!!!) 

I was always told boards should be laid across the direction of traffic (as we currently have on the pic below) but, to a man (and Mrs a-p) , everyone tells me that I’m wrong and they should in fact be laid lengthways. 

Is this just the flooring guys looking for an easy life or am I genuinely operating at 90° from reality? 

Lay them how they wanna be laid I always say.

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

That looks awful, lengthways is the way to do it. 

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I feel uncomfortable just looking at that, it's very wrong.

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

So you don't have to look at that monstrosity of a hallway?