Quick Question Thread

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What’s the best way to bend a small piece of steel? I don’t have any fancy tools etc

Fly a plane into it to soften it up. Otherwise find a neighbour with a vice and lump hammer.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Go to the gym and get some muscles you pathetic weakling 

It’s actually my squat rack that’s needing bent. Once that’s done I’ll be over to Hamilton to bend you.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

How could a squat rack be a "small piece of steel"? 

It’s a part of it. 

I didn’t rack up a lift earlier in the week and the bar dropped, resulting in a part of the bar that connects the two uprights being bent. 

Ive bought a ball pein hammer to try and batter it into shape but no joy. Tried to just crank it back in with a spanner hit again no joy. Off to YouTube it is.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a part of it. 

I didn’t rack up a lift earlier in the week and the bar dropped, resulting in a part of the bar that connects the two uprights being bent. 

Ive bought a ball pein hammer to try and batter it into shape but no joy. Tried to just crank it back in with a spanner hit again no joy. Off to YouTube it is.

You want a sturdy metal tube to give some leverage, preferably a few foot long.

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a part of it. 

AC5073ED-691B-4468-BB90-46275A96378E.gif

14 hours ago, mathematics said:

Can anyone recommend a company that services house alarms. I’m in East Dunbartonshire.

If you give me your full address, I'll send someone over.

14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a part of it. 

Can't you turn it upside down and drop the bar on it again?

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a part of it. 

Maybe heat it up a bit first? If you’ve got a gas hob then that’s a bit like a blowtorch. 

1 minute ago, deej said:

Has anyone been to either/both the ScotKart places in Clydebank & Cambuslang?

Which one is better/recommended?

Been to Cambuslang it was good the boys running it were sound. Going to Clydebank one a week on Thursday so will let you know how I get on unless your planning on going before then?

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Been to Cambuslang it was good the boys running it were sound. Going to Clydebank one a week on Thursday so will let you know how I get on unless your planning on going before then?

Would be next month, a quick look online suggests they are similar, but Cambuslang is a bit of a bigger track

Just now, deej said:

Would be next month, a quick look online suggests they are similar, but Cambuslang is a bit of a bigger track

Yeh I think it's the biggest they have, but will let you know.

Got a letter a few weeks ago (that I forgot about) from the Office for National Statistics about a survey. Got another one today with a name and a phone number on it to phone someone up and carry out whatever study they're doing. Do I have to or can I phone up and tell him to bolt?

45 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Got a letter a few weeks ago (that I forgot about) from the Office for National Statistics about a survey. Got another one today with a name and a phone number on it to phone someone up and carry out whatever study they're doing. Do I have to or can I phone up and tell him to bolt?

It's not the Census so I don't see how they can force you to take part. I would just bin it and not even respond.