Quick Question Thread

On 08/01/2022 at 16:34, lubo_blaha said:

How come the BBC are able to show coverage of the 3pm games on Final Score? I know the blackout rules changed during lockdown but haven’t seen them do this before.

It was the FA cup, different rules for different tournaments. 

45 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Incompetence IMO.

I'll guess the IT systems are built that way and because there's isn't any competition then why spend money improving things.

I booked flights!

Wondering if anyone can help here.

I remember while on holiday maybe 15 years ago watching a game on Eurosport or similar. I'm sure it involved an African country (possibly North African) v Portugal in a friendly. The game descended into a mass brawl after what I think was a horrendous challenge and then possibly abandoned. Anyone know what game this was?

6 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I remember while on holiday maybe 15 years ago watching a game on Eurosport or similar. I'm sure it involved an African country (possibly North African) v Portugal in a friendly. The game descended into a mass brawl after what I think was a horrendous challenge and then possibly abandoned. Anyone know what game this was?

Would appear to have been vs Angola

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/nov/15/newsstory.sport13

It was the FA cup, different rules for different tournaments. 

It certainly covered all competitions pre-covid, domestic and overseas. It was lifted when the games came back in 2020 but put back in this season in England, although that maybe didn’t cover the FA cup.

If it was Eurosport, probably tiddlywinks.

It certainly covered all competitions pre-covid, domestic and overseas. It was lifted when the games came back in 2020 but put back in this season in England, although that maybe didn’t cover the FA cup.

I think there’s some rule where the blackout only applies if more than half of top flight games are scheduled so I’m guessing that’s why they were able to do that on FA Cup weekend. Watch them revert to type on 4th round weekend to prove me wrong.