Quick Question Thread

I suspect the best way might be in a chauffeur driven limousine with a bottle of champagne, some nice music, maybe a little company.
Might be a bit pricey though. 
Why do you ask?
My sons doing an apprenticeship and a part of it he is required to be at the college, due to online learning it's all been remote up until now but he's been put up in a hotel near the botanic Gardens but needs to get to and from college, he has his car but I've often found public transport can be easier and quicker.

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

Thanks for this - it’s definitely water not getting into the DW that’s causing the problem rather than drainage being clogged. Will try again tomorrow.

If you take the hose off the inlet you'll see a mesh filter, that may be blocked, other than that it could be the inlet solenoid valve that's goosed.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Online interview, do we dress as we would for an in person interview?  (shirt and tie)

Nah - no need.  But a smart-ish shirt (such as a button-down) is fine and check your background for 'hings'.

Edited to expand on this a little @MONKMAN.  I do this 1-5 times a day and it's easy to get blasé so here's a few quick jottings:

-'Business casual' is fine.
-Don't smoke, snack or slurp a cup of tea.
-Don't keep looking around/looking out of the window.
-Avoid Peter Murrell, "Look, magpies!" moments.
-Pauses on Teams/Zoom/Skype always seem longer so you need to be snappier with replies.
-Have a jotter/notepad in front of you to look as if you prepared.
-Make sure you're ok with/have tested whatever 'meeting' software you're using.
-Do a dry-run with your Mrs/a friend - especially if you're new to this shite - to check for obvious things like volume levels and lighting.
-Kid-on that your cam is the other person's eyes - eye contact still matters - but don't fill the screen with your big phizog.
-Lots of things are exaggerated on 'face calls'.  The worst is 'talking over' someone so avoid - especially as you'll be nervous.
-Do a quick 'Thanks for the call.   I noted that you're looking for  xyz and I can offer that plus abc' email after.

Feel welcome to ask any questions and good luck with it.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Son has asked for a Scotland home top for Xmas (changed days indeed).

JD still have the current one for £65 notes even though it was launched in Nov 19. I'm presuming a new design is due but can't find anything on Google. 

Anyone know if a new launch is imminent?  

Son has asked for a Scotland home top for Xmas (changed days indeed).
JD still have the current one for £65 notes even though it was launched in Nov 19. I'm presuming a new design is due but can't find anything on Google. 
Anyone know if a new launch is imminent?  

I’m sure I heard that Adidas were pushing back their kit launches to September 22 due to the World Cup being later so he’d get a few months out of it at least. Could be wrong though.

A quick google will get you the “exclusive” Scotland supporters club discount code if you’re looking for 15% off.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’m sure I heard that Adidas were pushing back their kit launches to September 22 due to the World Cup being later so he’d get a few months out of it at least. Could be wrong though.

A quick google will get you the “exclusive” Scotland supporters club discount code if you’re looking for 15% off.

That makes sense. I am sure they were discounted a couple of months ago but if they will last till Sept then fair enough. 

Cheers

That makes sense. I am sure they were discounted a couple of months ago but if they will last till Sept then fair enough. 
Cheers

Think they were selling off the ones with the euro2020 badges on the sleeves for £30/40. Costs twice as much for the shirt without the badges!

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nah - no need.  But a smart-ish shirt (such as a button-down) is fine and check your background for 'hings'.

Edited to expand on this a little @MONKMAN.  I do this 1-5 times a day and it's easy to get blasé so here's a few quick jottings:

-'Business casual' is fine.
-Don't smoke, snack or slurp a cup of tea.
-Don't keep looking around/looking out of the window.
-Avoid Peter Murrell, "Look, magpies!" moments.
-Pauses on Teams/Zoom/Skype always seem longer so you need to be snappier with replies.
-Have a jotter/notepad in front of you to look as if you prepared.
-Make sure you're ok with/have tested whatever 'meeting' software you're using.
-Do a dry-run with your Mrs/a friend - especially if you're new to this shite - to check for obvious things like volume levels and lighting.
-Kid-on that your cam is the other person's eyes - eye contact still matters - but don't fill the screen with your big phizog.
-Lots of things are exaggerated on 'face calls'.  The worst is 'talking over' someone so avoid - especially as you'll be nervous.
-Do a quick 'Thanks for the call.   I noted that you're looking for  xyz and I can offer that plus abc' email after.

Feel welcome to ask any questions and good luck with it.

You forgot “continue listening intently for 5s after they finish the first question. This gives the impression there is a delay, and allows you a bit of extra thinking time for hard questions”