Quick Question Thread

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Have you done this your entire life? If so, say you were playing football one day and you got changed into your kit, including some football socks. When you've finished playing football and go to get changed back into your clothes, would you put the same socks you had on before or would you put a brand new pair on?

Nah, it's only since the wife discovered cheap bulk buys of socks online. 2 or 3 years maybe. She buys like a gross at a time, here's what's left from the last order -

20210720_113104.thumb.jpg.2c5212c6e2b1b99b5aa3a07d0a804fd1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Nah, it's only since the wife discovered cheap bulk buys of socks online. 2 or 3 years maybe. She buys like a gross at a time, here's what's left from the last order -

20210720_113104.thumb.jpg.2c5212c6e2b1b99b5aa3a07d0a804fd1.jpg

I find it even more bizarre that it's something you've only done for 2 or 3 years, but at least the wastage isn't as much as I'd feared.

Honestly don't see the problem, no worse than folk using disposable nappies with their bairns. 

Now, if I could afford it, I'd wear a crisp new white cotton shirt every day, Don Draper style. 

Honestly don't see the problem, no worse than folk using disposable nappies with their bairns. 

Now, if I could afford it, I'd wear a crisp new white cotton shirt every day, Don Draper style. 
I mean, its wildly different to disposable nappies though

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

It's just not the same as using disposable nappies, far from it.  Socks are not manufactured/sold with the concept of one use only in mind.  

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

I mean, its wildly different to disposable nappies though

Not if you shit in your socks twice a day.

No, it's closer to using cloth nappies and then throwing them out rather than washing them.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2019/09/23/costo-moda-medio-ambiente 

I think you're using socks wrong.

51 minutes ago, dave258 said:

Not if you shit in your socks twice a day.

I think he's doing something else in his socks. No wonder he throws them away.

17 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Has anyone else recently had the problem with downloading gifs/memes and you go into your gallery and they're not there?

If it's not my new S21+ continuing to be a useless piece of shite and me pining for a return to my S7, I'm guessing certain sites have a block on their images being downloaded. 

I have the same phone, I downloaded the giphy app, and when you save one from there it creates a folder in your gallery. 

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

No. The clue with disposable nappies is in the name. Disposable. 

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I used to keep a couple in my desk drawer back in the glorious days when I couldn't be sure I'd make it back to my own flat.

Recently switched gas supply from SSE to Octopus Energy. My readings have went up over 700 in a month which has led to a £300 additional bill to what I normally pay. There is no leak that I can distinguish, I have not used my heating at all in about 3 month as you could expect with the heat and it's only used for cooking a meal here and there. I take regular pictures of the meter and it normally goes up about 20-30 per month, but this past month since the switch has seen that huge increase.

My first month bill with Octopus Energy is nearly £500-odd but I can't determine what the issue is.

Anyone with any experience in this field any ideas?

Recently switched gas supply from SSE to Octopus Energy. My readings have went up over 700 in a month which has led to a £300 additional bill to what I normally pay. There is no leak that I can distinguish, I have not used my heating at all in about 3 month as you could expect with the heat and it's only used for cooking a meal here and there. I take regular pictures of the meter and it normally goes up about 20-30 per month, but this past month since the switch has seen that huge increase.
My first month bill with Octopus Energy is nearly £500-odd but I can't determine what the issue is.
£500 a month? f**k me.

I've got a small family house (2 and a 1/2 bedrooms) and I'm paying £86 pm for both gas and electric.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

£500 a month? f**k me.

I've got a small family house (2 and a 1/2 bedrooms) and I'm paying £86 pm for both gas and electric.

Aye, I've no idea what's going on and the suppliers aren't much help. I'm in a 2 bedroom flat with my missus. Crazy.

Are you running a death row with an electric chair for people calling ice poles “tip tops”?