Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
8 hours ago, deej said:
A combination of loosening the screws and as much force as I can got it open, cheers.

Handle is still a bit sticky so think i'll just drown the inside of the fucker in wd40 to see if that helps

Locksmith mate of mine says WD40 is a very temporary solution as it just evaporates away. He uses a powdery carbon stuff.

Depends which part of the door you’re on about.  Wd40 near a lock is bad.  Graphite for that.  Wd40 in the outer locking mechanisms is no problem.  Fine for regular maintenance.  Non solvent based on the interior stuff is recommended but tbh wd40 works just fine.

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not that I'm from Ayrshire or anything, but that's a man's job. Like @deej he should have got a man in.

I changed them myself when we moved in, its ridiculously easy. But when it goes wrong I ask the kind people of P&B and they deliver. 

11 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
17 hours ago, deej said:
A combination of loosening the screws and as much force as I can got it open, cheers.

Handle is still a bit sticky so think i'll just drown the inside of the fucker in wd40 to see if that helps

Locksmith mate of mine says WD40 is a very temporary solution as it just evaporates away. He uses a powdery carbon stuff.

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

Depends which part of the door you’re on about.  Wd40 near a lock is bad.  Graphite for that.  Wd40 in the outer locking mechanisms is no problem.  Fine for regular maintenance.  Non solvent based on the interior stuff is recommended but tbh wd40 works just fine.

Will maybe avoid WD40 then, although I do have a spare handle/lock that could easily replace it if it went tits up

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Does the council need to put a parking ticket on your car to give you a fine?

Went to drop a parcel off to my mates shop and parked in a loading bay for 2 mins. Came back and the attendant was writing my.number plate. Told him I was dropping something off, he said nothing and I drove away. 

Probably writing your plate so that he has a note of who was loading, if he comes back and you're still there then he might give a ticket or have a word. Not sure about the question, guessing the answer is yes as they normally take a picture of the car with a ticket.

Though really it would be better if councils could set up cameras to monitor loading and parking bays, would be so much more efficient at actually enforcing restrictions and making sure people (usually shop owners) aren't dumping their cars all day.

54 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Dundee yokels....

Anyone know of pool or snooker clubs or lessons for kids in Dundee?

Don't think there are any tutors in, Dundee. Know of a couple central and West. Take them to the Olde Mill, just play on the 50p pool tables. JP and Donna will see you right and you be made more than welcome mate. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Are there any decent Thai restaurants in Dundee? Or am I overestimating the gentrification?

Rama Thai, just as you come off the bridge. 

There is one in Monifieth that gets good reviews but unsure if it's name or quality. 

Chiang Mai is the one in Monifieth and it is really good but it's in Monifieth so Rama the best option. 

I quite often use the Bangkok on Perth Road as I tumble out of Mennies but it's take away only. 

So there you go, we are gentrified as f**k

Edited by invergowrie arab

29 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Don't think there are any tutors in, Dundee. Know of a couple central and West. Take them to the Olde Mill, just play on the 50p pool tables. JP and Donna will see you right and you be made more than welcome mate. 

Thank you.

They alright with kids coming in I take it aye?

Tried the youngest with a few things but no joy of a steady hobby. Seems to be interested in snooker/pool so would like to try it out.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Are there any decent Thai restaurants in Dundee? Or am I overestimating the gentrification?

As mentioned - Rama Thai. Great food, plenty of choice, busy and a friendly atmosphere.

Not sure of the exact circumstances, but the owners/management in the Rama Thai now were running the Chang Mai in Monifieth a good few years ago.

The Chang Mai did get a fantastic review in the Courier a few weeks ago. Not sure of who is running it now though?

As an aside the wee Thai restaurant in Stirling (close to Spoon's) is also well worth a visit. 

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

They alright with kids coming in I take it aye?

Yeah,. Plenty come and go and as long as they're behaving they're sound. The regulars will keep them and you entertained (in a good way!) 

50 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

😂 wash your whore mouth out.

Speedy #1.