Quick Question Thread

9 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Currently involved in trying to sell my parents house and the solictors have come it a boundary dispute. The ground doesnt seem to match up with the land registry and OS maps.

My question is though does anyone know what the purple circles indicate? 

Screenshot_20211104-225937 (1).png

They're not even sure what the path is.

Currently involved in trying to sell my parents house and the solictors have come it a boundary dispute. The ground doesnt seem to match up with the land registry and OS maps.

Clackers.

Where the bodies are buried. 

We decided to have a chippy for dinner last night, so I nipped up to the local place to get it.

The stuff I got was already sitting in the thing to keep it warm, so I had no idea how long it had been there.  As it turned out, obviously a while as it was fucking dry as anything.  Absolutely rotten.

My question is, am I likely to be told to get to f**k if the next time I go in, I ask for fresh stuff to be made regardless of whether there is stuff out already?

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We decided to have a chippy for dinner last night, so I nipped up to the local place to get it.

The stuff I got was already sitting in the thing to keep it warm, so I had no idea how long it had been there.  As it turned out, obviously a while as it was fucking dry as anything.  Absolutely rotten.

My question is, am I likely to be told to get to f**k if the next time I go in, I ask for fresh stuff to be made regardless of whether there is stuff out already?

Yes, especially if you call him a chippy

56 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You should have went to a chipper instead.

You must've known this post would attract the "chipper" deviants.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

If I was standing in a chippy and someone came in and asked for fresh stuff to be put on instead of the stuff that was ready, I'd assume they were a Tory. 

On 02/11/2021 at 20:52, Nae Union said:

I've always enjoyed the festive heist shennaigans that is Die Hard but I have never understood the plan to get into the vault. It seems as though they have brought in a very accomplished hacker who is able to 'hack' all the necessary passwords, but then he just uses a massive fucking drill to open the vault. 

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it something I could pull off with a slightly heavier duty drill than I currently own?

Been a while since I've seen it, but does the vault not have seven doors or something? A load with electromagnetic locks that their hacker dude hackers through with his proto-1337 5k1LLz, then a couple of old-fashion locks that need to be drilled through?

Sounded like bollocks either way, but it's a Hollywood movie. Surprised it wasn't guarded by robots and lasers.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't mind getting the stuff that's been under the heat lamp for an hour or so, but if it's obviously dried out and manky then it'll be my last visit. I've been to chip shops where they went to give me something from the heater and changed their mind after seeing it was fucked, which was an automatic "will return" for me.

I haven't seen it often, but if they're reheating yesterday's unsold items under the lamp, they're getting bad mouthed all over town.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

If I was standing in a chippy and someone came in and asked for fresh stuff to be put on instead of the stuff that was ready, I'd assume they were a Tory. 

I try to order something that isn't already cooked to keep undercover.

Whilst I don't want yesterdays food I can't be doing with chip shops that make a virtue out of cooking to order.

A chipper is fast food. I don't want my stuff cooked fresh. A fish needs a good hour to rest and mature under the lamps.

Folk only think that Anstruther is any good as they have waited an hour to get it and are starving.

8 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Don't you live in Newton Mearns? What scummy chippy did you go to that doesn't cook their stuff fresh?

9 hours ago, paranoid android said:

See folk who aren't supposed to have sex outside of marriage for religious reasons - are they allowed to masturbate?

In fact - are they allowed to masturbate at all? 

I best they aren't. 

Pics will help, btw. 

There is a wiki page for you your friend to read over https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_masturbation#:~:text=Today%2C Roman Catholic (including Eastern,masturbation as not a sin.

Buddhism is the place for your friend.

Masturbation (sukkavissaṭṭhi) is the act of stimulating one's own sexual organs (sambādha) to the stage of orgasm (adhikavega). In the Kāma Sūtra male masturbation is called "seizing the lion" (siṃhākāranta). Some people during the Buddha's time believed that masturbation could have a therapeutic effect on the mind and the body

As for chippys - Chips should be cooked and waiting. Everything else should be semi cooked, then place in the heater. Once order has been taken, then cook to finish apart from fish and pizza(cook from order), serve. This technique, will have customers waiting a little extra, however, they will return....queues of over 200 people during the fair fortnight.

HTH - Anstruther Caravan Park Chip Shop fryer '96 (where the locals eat).

Edited by SlipperyP