Jump to content
stuart.

Quick Question Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

He's a bank robber. That unrolls down over his face like a balaclava.

He was going into the post office so you might be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had their Facebook account disabled and how did you get it back?

On Wednesday I got an email with a password reset code I didn't request so I clicked the "I didn't request this" link in the email and thought no more of it.

Had an early night last night so missed another three of these password reset emails and found my account disabled today. It asked me to change my password which I've done (it's definately Facebook before anyone says it's a phishing scam). The account is still disabled with the following message visible when I go to the site. I've no clue why it's suggesting I'm not old enough to be on Facebook as my account has been open since 2008. I haven't posted anything that would breach the community standards* so I assume it's disabled due to the repeated attempts to access the account.

Has anyone had this happen and managed to find a trick to speed the process up? It wouldn't normally be a huge issue but I start a group dog training class next week and we're expected to post our progress in a private Facebook post throughout the class.

*not recently anyway.

We received your information

If we still find that you're not old enough to be on Facebook, your account will remain disabled. This is because your account doesn't follow our Terms of Service.

We're always looking out for the security of people on Facebook, so until then you can't use your account.

Edited by Rizzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Has anyone had their Facebook account disabled and how did you get it back?

On Wednesday I got an email with a password reset code I didn't request so I clicked the "I didn't request this" link in the email and thought no more of it.

Had an early night last night so missed another three of these password reset emails and found my account disabled today. It asked me to change my password which I've done (it's definately Facebook before anyone says it's a phishing scam). The account is still disabled with the following message visible when I go to the site. I've no clue why it's suggesting I'm not old enough to be on Facebook as my account has been open since 2008. I haven't posted anything that would breach the community standards* so I assume it's disabled due to the repeated attempts to access the account.

Has anyone had this happen and managed to find a trick to speed the process up? It wouldn't normally be a huge issue but I start a group dog training class next week and we're expected to post our progress in a private Facebook post throughout the class.

*not recently anyway.

We received your information

If we still find that you're not old enough to be on Facebook, your account will remain disabled. This is because your account doesn't follow our Terms of Service.

We're always looking out for the security of people on Facebook, so until then you can't use your account.

I'd just walk away and appreciate how lucky an escape you've had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Has anyone had their Facebook account disabled and how did you get it back?

On Wednesday I got an email with a password reset code I didn't request so I clicked the "I didn't request this" link in the email and thought no more of it.

Had an early night last night so missed another three of these password reset emails and found my account disabled today. It asked me to change my password which I've done (it's definately Facebook before anyone says it's a phishing scam). The account is still disabled with the following message visible when I go to the site. I've no clue why it's suggesting I'm not old enough to be on Facebook as my account has been open since 2008. I haven't posted anything that would breach the community standards* so I assume it's disabled due to the repeated attempts to access the account.

Has anyone had this happen and managed to find a trick to speed the process up? It wouldn't normally be a huge issue but I start a group dog training class next week and we're expected to post our progress in a private Facebook post throughout the class.

*not recently anyway.

We received your information

If we still find that you're not old enough to be on Facebook, your account will remain disabled. This is because your account doesn't follow our Terms of Service.

We're always looking out for the security of people on Facebook, so until then you can't use your account.

If you aren't 13 -18 or 47 and over, then you aren't old enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate social media is hardly the be all and end all but I did use it for quite a lot of different stuff so this is really irritating. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a temporary ban off of Facebook last year for a picture I had posted 11 years prior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I got a temporary ban off of Facebook last year for a picture I had posted 11 years prior.

^^^^^^^ Prince Andrew found

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone remember after 9/11 not being able to withdraw money abroad for a brief period? I had memories of a holiday in Portugal where my parents had to get money from relatives through a travel agency because of this and I've just had a conversation with my maw about it all and I'm baffled. She can't quite remember much detail, was this just in Europe?I think it's crazy that so many people couldn't access their money because of an American terrorist attack. 

Does anyone have any vivid memories of this occurring and affecting them or any fleeting memories about this whole situation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm seeing a lot of mention of 'NFTs' at the moment.

What the f**k are NFTs?

Non-Fungible Token.

It's data that someone had decided won't be copied. People are selling GIFs to people who have loads of money and want to say they're the only person in the world who has a copy of it.

Edit: check out the nick of yon Baptiste cunto on this thread:

Edit 2: Kevin Smith has apparently made a new film and wants to sell it as an NFT. He'll only make one copy, and give it to the winner of an auction, who can then either sell it themselves, or keep it in a vault somewhere and jerk themselves off over being the only person ever to watch it. All of which screams, "my new film is utter dugshite!" to me.

Fucking mental that digital distribution fixed any issues of supply and demand, yet there are some p***ks who are desperate to artificially restrict everything. I understand why it benefits companies trying boost their sales (buy the collector's edition now or, err...we'll never run out! Shit!), but fake exclusivity is for absolute wankers who'll hopefully get their shit mercilessly pirated.

Edited by BFTD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I refuse to even countenance that 'fungible' is a word.

Good day sir!

Edited by DA Baracus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm seeing a lot of mention of 'NFTs' at the moment.

What the f**k are NFTs?

A lot of shite.

On the word "fungible," the more you hear it the worse it gets

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I refuse to even countenance that 'fungible' is a word.

Good day sir!

I hear you have fungible toes, you filthy bast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I hear you have fungible toes, you filthy bast.

Non Fungible Toes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I refuse to even countenance that 'fungible' is a word.

Good day sir!

Have a read at the news Rules of Origin guidance for trading with the EU and youll see plenty on the accounting of fungible goods. Perfect remedy for insomnia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Can anyone remember after 9/11 not being able to withdraw money abroad for a brief period? I had memories of a holiday in Portugal where my parents had to get money from relatives through a travel agency because of this and I've just had a conversation with my maw about it all and I'm baffled. She can't quite remember much detail, was this just in Europe?I think it's crazy that so many people couldn't access their money because of an American terrorist attack. 

Does anyone have any vivid memories of this occurring and affecting them or any fleeting memories about this whole situation? 

I was in Finland on holiday that week and can remember getting Markaa out of a cash machine no problem.

My flight had been booked weeks before for Sept 12th. I remember thinking "everyone likes the Finns, right .." on the flight. The airline I flew on, Sabena, is no more as a result of loss of revenue after September 11th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I was in Finland on holiday that week and can remember getting Markaa out of a cash machine no problem.

My flight had been booked weeks before for Sept 12th. I remember thinking "everyone likes the Finns, right .." on the flight. The airline I flew on, Sabena, is no more as a result of loss of revenue after September 11th.

Acronym for Such A Bloody Experience, Never Again.

A state sponsored Ryanair!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is it easier to apply for a loan online or on the phone? 

pretty sure online is just as quick if not quicker. On the phone is just some spotty dweeb putting all your info into an online form anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

pretty sure online is just as quick if not quicker. On the phone is just some spotty dweeb putting all your info into an online form anyway.

Yeah, for some reason I feel more comfortable using an actual person though. I’ll probably just attempt doing it online and see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...