Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

First attempt seems to be lacking, I'll need to adjust the ratios, this experiment may drift into the new year.

First effort I used bottled lime juice, next effort, equal parts Tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice seems to hit the spot.

£1.35 for the limes for 2 shots though.

Does anyone get their milk delivered from a dairy? And if so, is it worth it?

We're going to try dundee dairy - but I'm a bit worried that it's just graham's stuff, that you could get from any supermarket.

I suppose cockney wankers could have pie and mash.com
The Cockney wankers I know are always bigging up pie and mash. I've never had it. Is it shite? 
I was in such an establishment a few years ago and it was tasty as f*ck. It was in central London though so was a bit pricier than an East end shit hole.

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

We're going to try dundee dairy - but I'm a bit worried that it's just graham's stuff, that you could get from any supermarket.

I'm confused here. Graham's is a dairy.

And by Graham's stuff do you mean semi-skimmed milk?

I'm confused here. Graham's is a dairy.
And by Graham's stuff do you mean semi-skimmed milk?
The delivery offers all kinds of milk, as well as cream, cheese, butter, juice, and milkshakes.

I'm just wondering if folk who use it think it's worth it.

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

We use McQueens Dairies who, while based in Glasgow, seem to go far and wide. Milk is milk to me I’m afraid (their delivery is a convenience thing) but their eggs are head and shoulders above the supermarket shite. 

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I get it from Dundee Dairy, every Friday. 

I get oat milk, banana milk and fresh orange. 

The deliveries are always on time, the products usually have about 6 days life in them and I fucking love it. I've had everything bar cranberry juice and chocolate milk. 

The oat milk is the best I've tasted. The banana milk is out of this fucking world sweet goodness. 

I'd definitely recommend you give it a go, it's all done online and is easy to be amended or stopped, paid a week in arrears by DD. 

Con's a good lad and will always be available if you've anything to discuss. 👍

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It depends if you want a hairy baby or not.

"Better get going, milk turns sour you know.

Unless it's UHT milk but there's no demand for that because it's shite"

We used to get milk, eggs, butter, orange juice, milkshake mix, and a host of other stuff from a local dairy. They'd leave a wee leaflet with new products they were punting, and generally they were all worth having as it pished all over the supermarket stuff.

Unfortunately, that was back in the Eighties. Other than birds pecking your bottle tops and fly b*****ds out on the rob in the early hours, I'm not sure that the modern way is necessarily better, in this case.