Jump to content
stuart.

Quick Question Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Got two job interviews coming up. The first is this week and I’d take the job reasonably happily. The second is in a fortnight and the one I really want. What should I do if I get offered the first one- 

a) accept the job but be honest about going for another job

b) accept the job and keep quiet about the second interview and bump them if I get the job I want 

c) ask them to wait a couple of weeks before giving my decision 

B. For sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I resemble that remark.

When you say it happens when you’re turning right is what makes me think it’s a wheel bearing and not a belt. Although the noise was a bit more low pitched to be described as a squeal when it happened to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, throbber said:

When you say it happens when you’re turning right is what makes me think it’s a wheel bearing and not a belt. Although the noise was a bit more low pitched to be described as a squeal when it happened to me.

I don't think it's always when turning. Also a lot of the time I go round corners really fast and I squeal when doing that, so it's hard to tell what's me and what's the car. I've oiled myself just incase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

I don't think it's always when turning. Also a lot of the time I go round corners really fast and I squeal when doing that, so it's hard to tell what's me and what's the car. I've oiled myself just incase.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, throbber said:

 

Nah it's not that.  More like nails on a blackboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Could be a fucked brake calliper, pads rubbing.

It's not when braking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

It doesn't need to be, just the motion of turning.

You're the motion of turning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

One for the P&B petrolheads; why is my car squealing when I drive? Just started the last 24 hours. Not when braking (or not only when braking at least), but when driving generally. Hard to pin down a cause or occasion, but seems to happen when turning right or accelerating.

Suggestions welcomed. I will, of course, take it to a mechanic also.

I have rolled down the windows, turned up the heating, sent my bank details to a killie fan and driven to 12 Ruel Street with my maw.

Stone or some such trapped in brake calliper.

Vigorous stopping/reversing/jamming on brakes etc may shift it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something admirable about asking a question then hurling abuse at everyone who answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Got two job interviews coming up. The first is this week and I’d take the job reasonably happily. The second is in a fortnight and the one I really want. What should I do if I get offered the first one- 

a) accept the job but be honest about going for another job

b) accept the job and keep quiet about the second interview and bump them if I get the job I want 

c) ask them to wait a couple of weeks before giving my decision 

Judging by the number of awkward "err, we were wondering if you're still available" calls I've had after interview, I'd suggest B is very common.

No employer would think twice about punting you if it suited them, so don't feel bad about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Judging by the number of awkward "err, we were wondering if you're still available" calls I've had after interview, I'd suggest B is very common.

No employer would think twice about punting you if it suited them, so don't feel bad about it.

Thanks. It’s a care-based profession and a very small world so keen not to get a bad reputation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Stone or some such trapped in brake calliper.

Vigorous stopping/reversing/jamming on brakes etc may shift it.

Best doing so on the motorway or so I was told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Empty It said:

There is something admirable about asking a question then hurling abuse at everyone who answers.

He ain't called Sweet Pete for no reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Thanks. It’s a care-based profession and a very small world so keen not to get a bad reputation. 

Hmm, I suppose that could change things if it's a consideration.

Maybe prepare a good excuse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One for the P&B petrolheads; why is my car squealing when I drive? Just started the last 24 hours. Not when braking (or not only when braking at least), but when driving generally. Hard to pin down a cause or occasion, but seems to happen when turning right or accelerating.
Suggestions welcomed. I will, of course, take it to a mechanic also.
I have rolled down the windows, turned up the heating, sent my bank details to a killie fan and driven to 12 Ruel Street with my maw.

Do you need deliverance from this noise?
Buy a banjo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...