Quick Question Thread

23 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’ve arrived at Grangemouth (no euph) and have 2 hours to kill.

What can I do? 

I suspect I speak for quite a few P&Bers when I suggest why not try playing hopscotch on the M9?

Spoiler

Only kidding. Hopscotch is shite. Try pogo sticking down the M9 instead

On 22/08/2021 at 11:47, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’ve arrived at Grangemouth (no euph) and have 2 hours to kill.

What can I do? 

Think it's safe to say this question will remain forever unanswered.

I worked there for a year and I can't think of many bleaker places of that size.

On 21/08/2021 at 07:28, Newbornbairn said:

A neighbour has asked me to restore some garden tools that used to belong to her father. Most were no problem but the lawn rake has had it. I went to give her it back but she's asked me to clean it up and she'll use it as a garden ornament. It's heavily rusted and parts are quite fragile, so vigorous wire brushing is out. I can get the rust off by electrolysis but then a coat of Hammerite will look a bit yucky. So I was thinking of galvanising it. A quick google says I need Zinc Sulphate but this looks to be a bit difficult to get in powder form in a decent quantity as it's a health supplement. However, I can get Zinc Sulphate Heptahydrate https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164997828003?hash=item266aa30da3:g:evkAAOSwgZ1XtEi2 Is this ok to use in a tank with a battery charger to galvanise steel? If it works with the rake, I might try galvanising some of the metal roses I make.

Zinc sulphate heptahydrate is just zinc sulphate with water of crystallisation in association with it, so it will be fine once in solution as it'll all split into the zinc and sulphate ions and water molecules anyway.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

With Grangemouth, the thing to remember is that the producers of World War Z needed somewhere that looked like a post-apocalyptic wasteland. They had the whole planet to choose from, and landed on Grangemouth as the setting. 

Rumours were they had to do it up a bit first to take the edge off it. 

I just drove around the streets near it. Stopped at a few of the Gates and went for a nosey.  Some of the bigger gates were locked, others there was nae c**t there. I could have been the Taliban. 
Next time, take some photos, maybe do a wee bit of filming etc.

You should laugh. Terry Taliban gets a funny idea about Grangemouth and it's goodbye Falkirk Stadium...

Hiya Terry if you're reading this...
Theres so little left down there now that I sincerely doubt TFS would fall into even a theoretical blast zone anymore. Its not what it was.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
I just drove around the streets near it. Stopped at a few of the Gates and went for a nosey.  Some of the bigger gates were locked, others there was nae c**t there. I could have been the Taliban. 

Next time, take some photos, maybe do a wee bit of filming etc.

Here’s a big erection.

7806834B-C78F-471D-992C-375E84B046F5.jpeg

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
5 hours ago, tamthebam said:
You should laugh. Terry Taliban gets a funny idea about Grangemouth and it's goodbye Falkirk Stadium...

Hiya Terry if you're reading this...

Theres so little left down there now that I sincerely doubt TFS would fall into even a theoretical blast zone anymore. Its not what it was.

Where does everyone sleep now?

We’ve had a leak in our garage, some water has been on the floor. I’ve mopped it up and we are getting the source sorted out. Do I need to do anything special to get the floor dried? Some places mention a dehumidifier, is it worth doing that or can I just run a fan in it to help dry it out?