Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, The Derry said:

Hope someone not as dumb as me can help me here.  I coach a football team at 9 aside and we have 14 players tomorrow and the games last 60 minutes.  How many minutes would each kid get for them to have equal game time.

38½?

Alternatively, just pick the nine with the most attractive parents. That's what Fergie did.

3 hours ago, The Derry said:

Hope someone not as dumb as me can help me here.  I coach a football team at 9 aside and we have 14 players tomorrow and the games last 60 minutes.  How many minutes would each kid get for them to have equal game time.

Just go "w**k, w**k, good guy, w**k".

The good guys get the most playing time and the wanks will know where they stand.

Anyone know of a place where I can get football programmes valued? I’ve inherited a lot of them from Scotland and England going back to 1972 and wanted to get them assessed. Don’t think any will be of great value but would like to know if they’re collectibles or just programmes someone kept.

5 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Anyone know of a place where I can get football programmes valued? I’ve inherited a lot of them from Scotland and England going back to 1972 and wanted to get them assessed. Don’t think any will be of great value but would like to know if they’re collectibles or just programmes someone kept.

The programme shop in Leith is probably you best bet, they have a price list of all their comprehensive stock so you should be able to get an idea of value from then. From my fairly rookie knowledge programmes from then are unlikely to be worth a great deal but there might be a gem amongst it.

The programme shop in Leith is probably you best bet, they have a price list of all their comprehensive stock so you should be able to get an idea of value from then. From my fairly rookie knowledge programmes from then are unlikely to be worth a great deal but there might be a gem amongst it.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Has WW3 started? There is an air raid siren going off here. 

Are you holidaying by the coast/ water course? Could be coastal flooding warning. Either that of the locals sense your Edinburgh ways and are on their way to deal with you.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Has WW3 started? There is an air raid siren going off here. 

That'll be the Rosyth-Crombie nuclear missile early warning system.  You have 5 mins to live (and share all your deepest secrets with us)...

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

That'll be the Rosyth-Crombie nuclear missile early warning system.  You have 5 mins to live (and share all your deepest secrets with us)...

Has a dog, doesn't drink,  flamboyantly dressed, self employed.

I think we've got time for a pint.

14 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

If you're in Fife, probably Almondvale Programmes near Easter Road or the one in Bathgate whose name escapes me. Unfortunately they'll probably be worth less than you'd imagine...it's only really stuff from earlier eras that fetches big prices because programmes were seen less as souvenirs of the game and more disposable so less of them have survived.

We've opened a club shop in the last couple of months - given our location, we get a lot of '70s/'80s Rangers/Celtic/Thistle home and away programmes handed in to sell, but the reality is they go out on sale for 50p each. Funnily enough, non-league stuff from the same era goes for a lot more as the print runs were inevitably much smaller.

Edited by Hillonearth

If you're in Fife, probably Almondvale Programmes near Easter Road or the one in Bathgate whose name escapes me. Unfortunately they'll probably be worth less than you'd imagine...it's only really stuff from earlier eras that fetches big prices because programmes were seen less as souvenirs of the game and more disposable so less of them have survived.
We've opened a club shop in the last couple of months - given our location, we get a lot of '70s/'80s Rangers/Celtic/Thistle home and away programmes handed in to sell, but the reality is they go out on sale for 50p each. Funnily enough, non-league stuff from the same era goes for a lot more as the print runs were inevitably much smaller.

I’m in Ayrshire. Thanks for the information. I don’t have any delusions they’re worth a lot but I’d like someone who knows more about them than me to look. I do have a few from Auchinleck Talbot games from the 1980’s in there as well. One from the 1987 Junior Cup final among a dozen or so. Appreciate the response.

1 hour ago, BigBo10 said:

I’m in Ayrshire. Thanks for the information. I don’t have any delusions they’re worth a lot but I’d like someone who knows more about them than me to look. I do have a few from Auchinleck Talbot games from the 1980’s in there as well. One from the 1987 Junior Cup final among a dozen or so. Appreciate the response.

D&D Programmes in Killie are probably the nearest actual experts to you then - dunno where I got Fife from!

http://www.d-d-programmes.co.uk/

I was at San Marino v Scotland in 2000. Me and a mate went down to the San Marinese FA to get tickets and helped the two lassies there (wids) with pronunciation of the Scottish players names. They had match programmes there and let us take some for nothing. I handed a few out to the Tartan Army before the game 

D&D there have that programme valued at £30....

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was at San Marino v Scotland in 2000. Me and a mate went down to the San Marinese FA to get tickets and helped the two lassies there (wids) with pronunciation of the Scottish players names. They had match programmes there and let us take some for nothing. I handed a few out to the Tartan Army before the game 

D&D there have that programme valued at £30....

Have you got any photos, and if you post the programme, I'll hunt you down.