Quick Question Thread

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Taps work perfectly fine and respond to any manual temperature changes. 

Lol am out then ,my taps were the same not just the shower , the water pressure dial been moved might be worth a quick check but would problay make no difference ,I wont send you an invoice as I’ve been no help . 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Taps work perfectly fine and respond to any manual temperature changes. 

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My shower fluctuated in temperature and after some reading up I found out it may have been a faulty flow valve. Bought a new flow valve, installed it, same problem happens. Decided to just buy a new shower, installed it, still got the same problem. Any ideas or am I just stuck with a shower that decides it's own fucking temperature at any given moment?

@Zen Archer (Raconteur) @magee84

35 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

Lol am out then ,my taps were the same not just the shower , the water pressure dial been moved might be worth a quick check but would problay make no difference ,I wont send you an invoice as I’ve been no help . 

I've opened the valves on the pipes as I was warned it might be that restricting the flow, the pipes and valves all look quite old and tbh they don't stop turning so I'm unsure how you ever know if they are fully open. 

28 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've opened the valves on the pipes as I was warned it might be that restricting the flow, the pipes and valves all look quite old and tbh they don't stop turning so I'm unsure how you ever know if they are fully open. 

Cheers.

Can you tell me what make of shower you have?

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Can you tell me what make of shower you have?

It's a Mira Airboost one. Old one was a Mira Sport. This is where you tell me it's a manufacturers problem and I was a dafty for buying the same maker, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's a Mira Airboost one. Old one was a Mira Sport. This is where you tell me it's a manufacturers problem and I was a dafty for buying the same maker, isn't it?

Go to page 17 of the instruction manual.

1175286-W2-B Mira Sport Max with Airboost Installation Guide.pdf (free-instruction-manuals.com)

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Much appreciated, but I've tried everything it suggests there apart from the mains valve which I assume means the one that supplies the building rather than the one just in my flat?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Much appreciated, but I've tried everything it suggests there apart from the mains valve which I assume means the one that supplies the building rather than the one just in my flat?

There will be mains water to your kitchen cold tap at least, if the flow or pressure seems fine there it should be OK throughout the house.

Alternatively it could be the shower isolation valve that's at fault.

I've not seen this one before but looking at the manual (page 14), the hose hast to be installed with the diffuser end fitting into the shower outlet, is this the right way round?

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There will be mains water to your kitchen cold tap at least, if the flow or pressure seems fine there it should be OK throughout the house.

Alternatively it could be the shower isolation valve that's at fault.

I've not seen this one before but looking at the manual (page 14), the hose hast to be installed with the diffuser end fitting into the shower outlet, is this the right way round?

Aye, installed exactly like that. I reckon I'm just going to have to get an expert out to check things as I'm clearly missing something. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Aye, installed exactly like that. I reckon I'm just going to have to get an expert out to check things as I'm clearly missing something. 

The only other thing I can think of is checking the inlet filter page 20, if there was any debris in the pipework it may have clogged this up.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Cheers.

The handle comes right off and the room gets flooded.

Nobody tempted to try a reverse Hedgecutter on his garden pictures?

I sort of fancy the idea of a garden camera, as I keep finding pigeon skeletons - not dead pigeons, but fully stripped-down, featherless skeletons - in our back yard. However, I'm a bit scared to find out how it's happening, and I can't imagine it would make for pleasant viewing.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Nobody tempted to try a reverse Hedgecutter on his garden pictures?

I sort of fancy the idea of a garden camera, as I keep finding pigeon skeletons - not dead pigeons, but fully stripped-down, featherless skeletons - in our back yard. However, I'm a bit scared to find out how it's happening, and I can't imagine it would make for pleasant viewing.

Sparrowhawk or fox or domestic cat would off the pigeon and scavengers like craws or natural decay/maggots would strip the carcass. All part of the circle of life.

RSPB site says sparrowhawks pluck feathers off so the ends will be pointed while foxes bite off feathers so the ends will be blunt.

Either that or Dick Dastardly Dalek

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Sparrowhawk or fox or domestic cat would off the pigeon and scavengers like craws or natural decay/maggots would strip the carcass. All part of the circle of life.

RSPB site says sparrowhawks pluck feathers off so the ends will be pointed while foxes bite off feathers so the ends will be blunt.

Either that or Dick Dastardly Dalek

Aye, but they appear overnight, with not a feather to be seen in the area  :shutup

The more I think about it, the likelier it is that a human being is plucking and stripping down bird carcasses and leaving them for me to discover. So I'm going to stop thinking about it.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Aye, but they appear overnight, with not a feather to be seen in the area  :shutup

The more I think about it, the likelier it is that a human being is plucking and stripping down bird carcasses and leaving them for me to discover. So I'm going to stop thinking about it.

WTM released early/escaped from the State Hospital....