Quick Question Thread

One for the horticulturist's. 
Does anyone know what plant the leaves belong to in this picture.  It is growing within my carrot bed and don't know if I should be pulling it out!
342874340_IMG_20210702_1318459702.thumb.jpg.daa6eefb0b80dd0a36433aed7a92f651.jpg
Rhubarb?

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
Rhubarb?

Now that you are on the thread, meant to ask this the other day, I seen a train that had "stoneblower" wrote on it recently. Is this as it says on the tin? It was as loud as f**k, and yellow.

It lifts the sleepers and blows ballast under to level the track/rails.

It is indeed one noisy fucker !!

My mum is English*, who's mum and dad were Scottish and English, respectively.

Does that make me half or quarter English? I suspect it's the former  :unsure2:. That said, I drank a 4-pack of Carlsberg once, so that makes me more Danish than English I reckon.

*well, born there before moving up to Scotland when she was 7 or something.

Edited by Hedgecutter

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

My mum is English*, who's mum and dad were Scottish and English, respectively.

Does that make me half or quarter English? I suspect it's the former  :unsure2:. That said, I drank a 4-pack of Carlsberg once, so that makes me more Danish than English I reckon.

*well, born there before moving up to Scotland when she was 7 or something.

I moved to Scotland from Eng-ger-land when I was 7 too. Could I be your mum?

Also.. not sure if something has gone awry with the general sat nav data but folk keep driving along (the getting stuck) the coastal path near me (you know the one!) as it shows up as a road. 

Edited by Shandon Par

Anyone out there knowledgeable about house rental agreement?  I’m looking to find out if there’s a minimum period someone can be tied into a property rental agreement and/or a minimum notice period.

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone out there knowledgeable about house rental agreement?  I’m looking to find out if there’s a minimum period someone can be tied into a property rental agreement and/or a minimum notice period.

Depends…

Since late 2017, any new lease is called a PRT. Tenants can give a month’s notice at any time. Even the day they move in should they wish. Under COVID, notice periods from the landlord side have been extended (generally six months should an owner need their place back). Any older leases will now likely be on a rolling basis and tenants should be able to give a month or two notice anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Depends…

Since late 2017, any new lease is called a PRT. Tenants can give a month’s notice at any time. Even the day they move in should they wish. Under COVID, notice periods from the landlord side have been extended (generally six months should an owner need their place back). Any older leases will now likely be on a rolling basis and tenants should be able to give a month or two notice anyway. 

Cheers.  Good to know and the answer I was hoping for.

22 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Working up a long ladder over some spikes. What could possibly go wrong? 

1A56D9BE-DB3A-44A5-88F8-D5ED65447D26.jpeg

At least your anal probing/ spike through the skull will be caught on camera so your wife can cash in the £200 cheque courtesy of You've Been Framed.