Quick Question Thread

47 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Some toilet chat on another thread reminded me of something. I was at somebody's house a while back and needed a shite, so did my business and reached for the toilet brush to dislodge any...residue. The bristles were covered in putrefying dung and lavvy paper.

It's not normal behaviour to use the toilet brush and just stick it back in the holder without rinsing, is it? I'll give the bowl a scrub with the brush, then sloosh it about when the toilet's flushing to dislodge any nastiness that's accrued. Admittedly you're flushing twice, but I'm horrified at the idea that I'm the freak and everyone else just changes their brush when it gets too turdy  :shutup

'Changing their brush when it gets too turdy'. Thanks for that. An image that I'm going to take a long while to unsee.

1 minute ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

'Changing their brush when it gets too turdy'. Thanks for that. An image that I'm going to take a long while to unsee.

I'm good like that.

On 02/04/2021 at 21:18, GNU_Linux said:

At what do da's start doing that thing where they put their hands behind their back when leaning in to look at something?

Just before they start pulling their trousers up to the top of their shins before sitting down and going OCH AYE as they lower themselves to the seat 

Thanks fully I've not reached either of those miserable milestones yet, and hope to be safely euthanised before I get there 

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes it does. Bailiffs do not exist in Scotland. If they want to take it to courts they can. Only the court can order you to pay. Even then they can only seek fair compensation for potential losses caused by your unauthorised parking. So when they bash the fee up to £300 to scare you, thats just nonsense. 

IF you ever had enough of them built up that it made it worth their while pursuing, thats a different matter.

Its also key to all of this that they must be able to prove who was driving, as the driver, not the keeper, is liable. If you WERE the driver, you are under no obligation to incriminate yourself by admitting it. 

I've also read on the moneysavingexpert forums that there are a couple of snidey companies that up here will still pursue in court nonetheless and its possibly better to just pay them (if your letter is from those particular companies) 

There's a massive forum over there dedicated to this subject so if you have any issues I'd thoroughly recommend 

Edited by madwullie

11 hours ago, Empty It said:

Question for the plumbers, looking at a bathroom vanity unit, toilet and sink. The gap I have is 1300 bath to wall what size unit should I go for as I know I cant get one 1300 as the toilet would be too close to the wall?

Bathroom-Fails-10.jpg

14 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'm sure there's a stop smoking thread somewhere but just can't find it. I've not had one since Saturday morning and gone completely cold turkey. Has anyone else done this and ended up being very grumpy and if so how long does it tend to last?

I'd be prepared for a few months of this. I found myself snapping at things that meant nothing and generally being annoyed at all times. Nightmares were fucking horrendous as well. 

See if you're furloughed from a minimum wage job and minimum wage increases (as it has) should your furlough payments increase?

Obviously yes from a moral point of view, but from a legal perspective? Just checking at whom I should direct my fury.

18 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why does the My Team option for Dunfermline on here say Dunfermline rather than Dunfermline Athletic?

It's the lack of apostrophe in the Queens Park option that boils my piss.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

See if you're furloughed from a minimum wage job and minimum wage increases (as it has) should your furlough payments increase?

Obviously yes from a moral point of view, but from a legal perspective? Just checking at whom I should direct my fury.

I saw something where somebody was asking if their company pay increase should be reflected in their furlough payments, and the answer was no, as there'd be nothing to stop your employer taking the piss by bumping your wage up 25% during furlough. This thing from the HMRC forum seems to suggest that employers shouldn't be taking the minimum wage increase into account for furlough payments, as furlough isn't considered time worked, so you (and I) will still be on 80% of our old salary until we start back and get to enjoy the sweet, undeserved riches that our benevolent Tory overlords have fought for us to be given (lol).

That's almost a relief for me, as there's no way that the finance department at my work would be able to cope with paying this month's salary at three different rates. We got a miniscule pay increase at the end of last year that had to be paid in three goes, as they kept fucking it up.

I saw something where somebody was asking if their company pay increase should be reflected in their furlough payments, and the answer was no, as there'd be nothing to stop your employer taking the piss by bumping your wage up 25% during furlough. This thing from the HMRC forum seems to suggest that employers shouldn't be taking the minimum wage increase into account for furlough payments, as furlough isn't considered time worked, so you (and I) will still be on 80% of our old salary until we start back and get to enjoy the sweet, undeserved riches that our benevolent Tory overlords have fought for us to be given (lol).
That's almost a relief for me, as there's no way that the finance department at my work would be able to cope with paying this month's salary at three different rates. We got a miniscule pay increase at the end of last year that had to be paid in three goes, as they kept fucking it up.
Aye, that's what I figured. Cheers for the response. I had slim hopes of a wee increase in today's pay slip but opened it to find it less than the previous as I'm paying more tax now.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aye, that's what I figured. Cheers for the response. I had slim hopes of a wee increase in today's pay slip but opened it to find it less than the previous as I'm paying more tax now.

My version of that was discovering my wee pay rise last year had been entirely devoured by a reduction in the wee bit of Universal Credit that I still get. It would've been cheaper for the dafties to leave me at the same rate  :lol:

23 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

At least you're not the poor assistant at B& Q being asked "Can I have new one of these?   As you can see, this one is getting too turdy".

On 12/04/2021 at 20:34, Aidan said:

I'm sure there's a stop smoking thread somewhere but just can't find it. I've not had one since Saturday morning and gone completely cold turkey. Has anyone else done this and ended up being very grumpy and if so how long does it tend to last?

Thirty-five years...and counting.

14 hours ago, Fullerene said:

At least you're not the poor assistant at B& Q being asked "Can I have new one of these?   As you can see, this one is getting too turdy".

Too Turdy? No, it's free fifteen...

https___npg_si.edu_media_7710388C_1.jpg.jpg.cd58d3f90ce6cadde9258b145d0d4fe7.jpg

On 12/04/2021 at 23:35, madwullie said:

I've also read on the moneysavingexpert forums that there are a couple of snidey companies that up here will still pursue in court nonetheless and its possibly better to just pay them (if your letter is from those particular companies) 

There's a massive forum over there dedicated to this subject so if you have any issues I'd thoroughly recommend 

Only if they have evidence that you were the driver. This could be CCTV, or in most cases where they company  successful, because their internet lawyers have told them to write back to them and tell them to ram it as unenforceable. This is what happened in both the famous Scottish cases. They knew who the drivers were and the drivers challenged it.