Quick Question Thread

Jeez that's horrific. She must be a mess and whatever happens the neighbourhood is spoiled. But I think the eventual conclusion is she has to run with the vet's opinion. If my dog did anything like that it'd be straight into a muzzle as the first stage. The fact that he's had previous issues and has done nothing about I think means he's forfeited his right to be having any influence of the direction of travel now. But your friend must be in a right state whichever way it goes.

Fucking mental that folk will watch their animals tear other animals to pieces, then still allow them to run about uncontrolled.

When they rip a wean's face off, it'll be all "beloved family pets...never did anything like this before...devastated that they're being destroyed...no way we could possibly have known".

Are we at a point as a society where dogs ripping cats apart is/can lead to criminal proceedings against their owner? 

I don’t understand what the problem is here. Ofc the owner should be held responsible especially if it happens on multiple occasions.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t understand what the problem is here. Ofc the owner should be held responsible especially if it happens on multiple occasions.

So just dogs, or are cat owners held to account when they're ripping multiple forms of animals to shreds? 

There are numerous posts on this very forum where folk celebrate cats tearing other animals to bits. 

So just dogs, or are cat owners held to account when they're ripping multiple forms of animals to shreds? 
There are numerous posts on this very forum where folk celebrate cats tearing other animals to bits. 

If nothing else it’s destruction of property which I think is a crime. If a cat goes out and rips one of your pets to shreds then you should be able to prosecute. I don’t really see the issue. Cats and dogs especially hold a ton of sentimental value for people and it’s baffling to me that someone would argue “nah it’s fine batter in” if someone’s dog is just going tonto and murdering other people’s pets in its spare time.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

If nothing else it’s destruction of property which I think is a crime. If a cat goes out and rips one of your pets to shreds then you should be able to prosecute. I don’t really see the issue. Cats and dogs especially hold a ton of sentimental value for people and it’s baffling to me that someone would argue “nah it’s fine batter in” if someone’s dog is just going tonto and murdering other people’s pets in its spare time.

That's absolutely fine - we agree. If dogs owners are being held accountable, then so should the owners of cats. 

I'm not sure it's fair to have the dog destroyed. But they should absolutely be taken off the owner and that fuckwit shouldn't be allowed to own any animals.

A good percentage of dogs would destroy a cat if given the chance, the same way cats destroy other animals. But as an owner you should know how your dog is around other animals and ensure it has a lead on when out walking.

I assume, Diego that they were out walking and the cat hadn't got into their garden while the dogs were out?

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Anyone who keeps a pet at home is responsible for it. If your cat goes next door and damages the property or kills their pet you are responsible for it. 

Cats generally attack wild animals like mice or birds and thus nobody is there to claim damages, they also tend not to rip the faces off of small children. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I think the killing of the mice is fair enough, got an old house and before I got the cat they were getting in, the shredding of the garden birds, I hate that, and if I see it, will put a stop to it. Regret posting the pics up and wont do it again.

Thank you.

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure it's fair to have the dog destroyed. But they should absolutely be taken off the owner and that fuckwit shouldn't be allowed to own any animals.

A good percentage of dogs would destroy a cat if given the chance, the same way cats destroy other animals. But as an owner you should know how your dog is around other animals and ensure it has a lead on when out walking.

I assume, Diego that they were out walking and the cat hadn't got into their garden while the dogs were out?

Her house backs onto a small park with a children's play area and that was where it happened. If, as the vet says, these dogs have previous, then it's pretty negligent of the owner to let them off the leash in a public area without muzzles.