Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

That bloody song "Gloria" by Laura Branigan was on the radio earlier and I just can't remember which relatively recent film it was in.  I know it was in Wolf of Wall Street, but I'm sure I recently saw something from the 21st Century that included it in the soundtrack (think the film was post-WoWS).  So my quick question is:  What's the other film I'm thinking of that contains this particular song?  (this is also pissing off my other half who evidently watched the film with me and also can't nail the film down) 

Eta: wasn't anything to do with Trump (or It's a Sin)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_(Umberto_Tozzi_song)

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

The wee man lost his 1st tooth tonight,what is the going rate for the tooth fairy?

57 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
3 hours ago, keithgy said:
The wee man lost his 1st tooth tonight,what is the going rate for the tooth fairy?

A £2 coin.

Well I got fucking done! 

The minute my daughter got her first wobbly tooth we were told in no uncertain terms that so-and-so had got a fiver for their first tooth falling out. 

Fair play.

I got 20p from the Tooth Fairy when I was a kid.

Thinking if suing my parents now after reading the above posts.

I once lost a tooth whilst we were staying over at my gran's. I got the normal 20p but somehow swallowed it (f**k knows why; I was only about 8 or 9). I then got 50p that night. Swallowed that too somehow. Shat out 70p the later. A very odd thing to have done. Kids are fucking idiots and I was no different.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

"Somehow"

A friend of mine is a paramedic and the number of stories involving people giving bullshit stories for embarrassing situations is incredible.

My personal favourite is the kid who had managed to lodge a (still vibrating) vibrator right up his arse, which "obviously" belonged to somebody else and not the mum.  All sorts of conspiracy theories about somebody breaking into the house who must have accidentally dropped some sex toys about which the kid must have found first.

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I once lost a tooth whilst we were staying over at my gran's. I got the normal 20p but somehow swallowed it (f**k knows why; I was only about 8 or 9). I then got 50p that night. Swallowed that too somehow. Shat out 70p the later.

"How's little DA?"

"No change yet."

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

A friend of mine is a paramedic and the number of stories involving people giving bullshit stories for embarrassing situations is incredible.

My personal favourite is the kid who had managed to lodge a (still vibrating) vibrator right up his arse, which "obviously" belonged to somebody else and not the mum.  All sorts of conspiracy theories about somebody breaking into the house who must have accidentally dropped some sex toys about which the kid must have found first.

Aye, my mum worked as an auxiliary nurse for a while, and she said they had a few regulars who were always showing up with things lodged in their arse that they'd "fallen" on. One elderly man always came in with constipation, and acted amazed when it turned out there was an object lodged in there. The one that made her laugh most was an apple with a single bite taken out of it, like he'd sat down to eat it and thought, "hey, you know what else I could do with this?"  :lol:

I remember ending up at the doctor with constipation when I was three or four, and he kept asking my mum questions about golf balls; were there any around the house, did I have access to any, etc. Then he just flat-out asked me if I'd shoved a golf ball up my arse, and told my mum that they had loads of kids who came in with golf balls in their rectum. Absolutely blew my mind at that age.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I never got any money from the tooth fairy, nor presents from santa or indulged in Halloween (that nonsense hadn't really made its way over from the states by then though). No pagan nonsense in my parents' house!

Pagans>religious arseholes.

I used to always get £1 when a tooth fell out, went to stay with my auntie and uncle down in England for a week and a tooth fell out, they gave me like £3 or £4. 

English tooth fairy was the answer I was given..

I've been watching The Circle lately, pish reality tv but very enjoyable. The basic premise is everyone lives in the same housing block but never meet in person, they participate in an internal social media system where the last person that gets all the popular votes after a few weeks after eviction stages can win 100k. The intriguing part about the tv show is the fact that people catfish and create personalities that they think will win where as some utter melts decide to play as themselves and be aw nicely nice. 

So PnB what false persona would you create or would you just be yourself?

I would probably pretend to be black and gay, I think I'd win it but I'd almost certainly emerge as one of the most hated people on tv history considering I'm straight and white. 

Edited by Stormzy

New houses are being built at the entrance to our estate. Roadworks were in place recently as they had to dig under the road for the usual water / gas / electric stuff, but are finished now.

I was out a walk earlier and spotted a huge bolt sticking out of the road that would easily destroy a tyre if it drove over it. I'm certain that it is related to these works. Who do i report this to?

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

New houses are being built at the entrance to our estate. Roadworks were in place recently as they had to dig under the road for the usual water / gas / electric stuff, but are finished now.

I was out a walk earlier and spotted a huge bolt sticking out of the road that would easily destroy a tyre if it drove over it. I'm certain that it is related to these works. Who do i report this to?

Frankenstein's Monster's grave?