Quick Question Thread

Got a leaflet through the door from a local funeral director and I'mthinking about it . What troubles me is if I pay now and the undertakers go bust where do I stand ?

Prepaid funerals are regulated, and must be backed by either a Trust (Ian Blackford for instance is chairman of the Golden Charter Trust, which is one of these) or by an insurance policy. In either case, you should be protected.

19 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Anyone got recommendations for companies that deal with public liability insurance? Tried Simply Business but the 2 quotes I was getting with them was about double the amount I was expecting.

Try a broker. 

Insurance premiums are going through the roof at the moment so would expect premium to be higher than normal.

Try a broker. 
Insurance premiums are going through the roof at the moment so would expect premium to be higher than normal.
Aye it looks like I'll either have to suck it up and pay the £5-600 which isn't the end of the world, or take really really basic cover

That bloody song "Gloria" by Laura Branigan was on the radio earlier and I just can't remember which relatively recent film it was in.  I know it was in Wolf of Wall Street, but I'm sure I recently saw something from the 21st Century that included it in the soundtrack (think the film was post-WoWS).  So my quick question is:  What's the other film I'm thinking of that contains this particular song?  (this is also pissing off my other half who evidently watched the film with me and also can't nail the film down) 

Eta: wasn't anything to do with Trump (or It's a Sin)

Edited by Hedgecutter

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

That bloody song "Gloria" by Laura Branigan was on the radio earlier and I just can't remember which relatively recent film it was in.  I know it was in Wolf of Wall Street, but I'm sure I recently saw something from the 21st Century that included it in the soundtrack (think the film was post-WoWS).  So my quick question is:  What's the other film I'm thinking of that contains this particular song?  (this is also pissing off my other half who evidently watched the film with me and also can't nail the film down) 

Eta: wasn't anything to do with Trump (or It's a Sin)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0105104/