Quick Question Thread

It's the permanence of them that has always been the biggest deterrent for me. Aside from confining you to only forming relationships with lassies called the same name as the one you've got on your arm, I find that there is nothing which holds a steady enough place in my affections such as I would be confident in displaying it forever. Wife? Next partner after divorce/bereavement may not be understanding. Kids' names? Might end up being right little tw@s - serial killers even. Football team? Possibly, but firstly "Kilmarnock" is a fairly long name to find space for, and secondly if you go for the badge (and I think I would)  we've had shields, balls, squirrels, confido, confidemus, 150 years..
Nah, while some of the work you see (including that posted above) is really impressive, I can'thelp but think, "what if you decided you were bored of it?" After all, I don't think i would have a consistent top five books, films, or albums if you asked me now and then again in a week's time.
And the cost! I am fairly sure Mrs WRK could find better use for 500 quid, and would let me know. Even if she was supportive, I understand removal can cost just as much, and isn't always total.
Re tattoos confining you to girls with the same name I met a guy with a "Princess" tattoo. His modus operandi was to call every girl he met Princess and never use their real name. He was a bit of a player so it had the added bonus that he never called a lassie by the wrong name.

On 19/01/2021 at 12:41, Granny Danger said:

I cannot understand why anyone would a) want a tattoo and b) be willing to spend a lot of money getting one.

Give it a few more years, auld yin. You'll need them.

b87d08ef398c280d8a69271444871c6d.jpg

In seriousness, anyone who regrets getting their tattoos is a fanny and got them for the wrong reasons.

Anyone who gets the name of their sexual partner is an uberfanny, unless they're just compiling a list of their conquests, in which case...no, still an uberfanny.

I reckon a lot more folk who get tattoos will end up regretting them than don't.

But loads won't admit it. They'll stand by their tats in order to save face, but deep down there'll be regret at some stage in life (not for everyone, but for the majority).

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I reckon a lot more folk who get tattoos will end up regretting them than don't.

But loads won't admit it. They'll stand by their tats in order to save face, but deep down there'll be regret at some stage in life (not for everyone, but for the majority).

You could say that about absolutely any life choice. 

I have 4. I regret one of them and hope to get it covered some day. But I can't decide what to cover it with for fear of regretting that one as well [emoji38]

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I have 4. I regret one of them and hope to get it covered some day. But I can't decide what to cover it with for fear of regretting that one as well emoji38.png

I have numerous ones, none of them visible unless I'm wearing shorts and topless.  I got one in the UK, one in Thailand and the rest in Hong Kong. I don't regret any of them but the Thai one isn't as good as the others.  For sure, if I was starting again I'd stick with some of them and change others.  I'd probably go for fewer but larger/more sophisticated ones.  

As I said, no regrets though.  

Re tattoos confining you to girls with the same name I met a guy with a "Princess" tattoo. His modus operandi was to call every girl he met Princess and never use their real name. He was a bit of a player so it had the added bonus that he never called a lassie by the wrong name.
I use to refer to Mrs WRK as"Babe", which was all fine and dandy until she saw the film..

I am (un)fortunate to be born at the tail end of the last generation where people either got tattoos in the navy or in prison. I get that they’re far more popular now, but my rationale for remaining ink free runs as follows:-

1. Tattoos are fashionable. 
2. Tattoos are permanent. 
3. Fashion is transient. 

I can’t imagine having to wake up every morning to be confronted by permanent reminders of the things that the late teen/early 20s me thought mattered most in life. 

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

I am (un)fortunate to be born at the tail end of the last generation where people either got tattoos in the navy or in prison. I get that they’re far more popular now, but my rationale for remaining ink free runs as follows:-

1. Tattoos are fashionable. 
2. Tattoos are permanent. 
3. Fashion is transient. 

I can’t imagine having to wake up every morning to be confronted by permanent reminders of the things that the late teen/early 20s me thought mattered most in life. 

Avoid all people with tattoos. I'll grant you the reasons for doing that have changed since my day. Previously tattoos were for dangerous neds. They still are but ordinary roasters get them as well now.

I don't want to be served in a shop or pub by someone that looks like Max Cady.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I've claimed on my car insurance for am accident. The other driver accepted responsibility no problem. Do i keep my no claims or does that depend on my policy? 

If the other person has accepted liability it should definitely not affect your NCB.  Write or email your insurance company and get them to confirm that as they are lazy b*****ds and take the path of least resistance.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

If the other person has accepted liability it should definitely not affect your NCB.  Write or email your insurance company and get them to confirm that as they are lazy b*****ds and take the path of least resistance.

Thanks 

You could say that about absolutely any life choice. 
Aye, but I don't walk around with "You should have left when you found out she was cheating!" etched into my arm as a permanent reminder.

I really don't understand why folk get tattoos, but then I don't understand why folk pay £25 extra for a t-shirt with a brand name emblazoned across it.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aye, but I don't walk around with "You should have left when you found out she was cheating!" etched into my arm as a permanent reminder.

I really don't understand why folk get tattoos, but then I don't understand why folk pay £25 extra for a t-shirt with a brand name emblazoned across it.

Out of interest, what do you do yourself with your disposable income? 

13 hours ago, pandarilla said:

My brother got this on his arm with "what's my age again?" written below it.  

image.png.77709ff2036c87b08f13042c3466dc0a.png

What could possibly go wrong.