Quick Question Thread

Here’s one for you tattoo aficionados (ink not twee tartanism)
A friend looking for a tattoo (probably a sleeve) has been recommended some lassie in Dunfermline by name of Luce Grey. Anyone got any feedback?
Good?
Bad?
Overpriced?
Etc

Serious inquiry, I know nothing about ink

2 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

A friend looking for a tattoo (probably a sleeve) has been recommended some lassie in Dunfermline by name of Luce Grey. Anyone got any feedback?
Good?
Bad?
Overpriced?
Etc

I'm not a tattoo person, however there's a guy in Bruce Street called Lee Stronge who I've heard good reviews about.

8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Good?
Bad?
Overpriced?
Etc

She's very, very good. If they're getting her for around £500 a day then it's very good pricing. Similar level talent costs about £700 a day in Dundee. Can only imagine what just sightly up road in Edinburgh would cost. 

Plus, she's an attractive sort. 

Edit : couple of her recent pieces :

FB_IMG_1611046197484.thumb.jpg.3cea31c1fd0263565f4b72dda03d921a.jpg

FB_IMG_1611046241391.thumb.jpg.ad0da662b3c6c22906bdc71a9c2eafae.jpg

Edited by Mr. Alli

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I cannot understand why anyone would a) want a tattoo and b) be willing to spend a lot of money getting one.

Got some mates who got tattoos done in their teens (70s) of things that were relevant to them at the time. It was a "must have" for them just as it seems to be over recent years for teens n twenty somethings. Now, with the exception of the "Scotland" flags/badges maybe, most are kept well under wraps.  Almost all regret getting them done.

There's going to be a whole generation of people in 30 odd years from now (if not before) who will wish they'd taken a bit more time before diving in with the need to cover themselves in ink. 

Just an opinion from an ink-free auld man.

6 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Got some mates who got tattoos done in their teens (70s) of things that were relevant to them at the time. It was a "must have" for them just as it seems to be over recent years for teens n twenty somethings. Now, with the exception of the "Scotland" flags/badges maybe, most are kept well under wraps.  Almost all regret getting them done.

There's going to be a whole generation of people in 30 odd years from now (if not before) who will wish they'd taken a bit more time before diving in with the need to cover themselves in ink. 

Just an opinion from an ink-free auld man.

It's the permanence of them that has always been the biggest deterrent for me. Aside from confining you to only forming relationships with lassies called the same name as the one you've got on your arm, I find that there is nothing which holds a steady enough place in my affections such as I would be confident in displaying it forever. Wife? Next partner after divorce/bereavement may not be understanding. Kids' names? Might end up being right little tw@s - serial killers even. Football team? Possibly, but firstly "Kilmarnock" is a fairly long name to find space for, and secondly if you go for the badge (and I think I would)  we've had shields, balls, squirrels, confido, confidemus, 150 years..

Nah, while some of the work you see (including that posted above) is really impressive, I can'thelp but think, "what if you decided you were bored of it?" After all, I don't think i would have a consistent top five books, films, or albums if you asked me now and then again in a week's time.

And the cost! I am fairly sure Mrs WRK could find better use for 500 quid, and would let me know. Even if she was supportive, I understand removal can cost just as much, and isn't always total.

4 hours ago, hearthammer said:

1970s tattoos they regret eh? Wouldn't be tats of Mr Glitter and Mr Saville by any chance?

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

1970s tattoos they regret eh? Wouldn't be tats of Mr Glitter and Mr Saville by any chance?

Sorry to disappoint you, but they varied from flags, eagles &, if i remember correctly, there was a couple of then "serious" girlfriends' names.

Not everything from the 1970s was tainted by the goings on of these cretins you mention.  Like most things of this ilk in the 70s, it's much later that the actual time they occurred that they came to light.  Nowadays, that wouldn't be the case, thankfully.

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
12 hours ago, Shandön Par said:
She’s from Dunfermline. She’d stump-f**k you into next week.

Only 3 more limbs to go until DA gets all hot and bothered.

I can see an A-Team style montage creation chez Baracus.

17 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but they varied from flags, eagles &, if i remember correctly, there was a couple of then "serious" girlfriends' names.

Not everything from the 1970s was tainted by the goings on of these cretins you mention.  Like most things of this ilk in the 70s, it's much later that the actual time they occurred that they came to light.  Nowadays, that wouldn't be the case, thankfully.

I was born in the 1970s. It smells of Blue Stratos and Shield soap to me.