Quick Question Thread

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Any suggestions for a good place to use a metal detector? The kids got one for Christmas, and it's not a toy one, seems quite decent. But where are good places to use it?

There's a difference between Scots and English law in regard to finding archaeological stuff.

In England you might possibly make some money. In Scotland you're likely to get f**k all. 

Therefore the best place to use it is Berwick...

34 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There's a difference between Scots and English law in regard to finding archaeological stuff.

In England you might possibly make some money. In Scotland you're likely to get f**k all. 

Therefore the best place to say you used it is Berwick...

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Therefore the best place to use it is Berwick...

This may be the first time the words "best place" and "Berwick" have appeared in the same sentence.

On 29/12/2020 at 13:29, pandarilla said:

Any suggestions for a good place to use a metal detector? The kids got one for Christmas, and it's not a toy one, seems quite decent. But where are good places to use it?

A graveyard, fair bit of jewellery the crem workers miss. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, 101 said:
[mention=79568]Moutinho[/mention] are you a Thatcherite?

A dildo in her dead arse for me please.

Careful he might downvote you - Im just curious if he is a Thatcherite and took issue with my post is doesn't like Avicii, GBNF

On 29/12/2020 at 13:29, pandarilla said:

I’ve got a vegetable plot that needs turned over could be a source of great riches.  PM me.

39 minutes ago, 101 said:

Careful he might downvote you - Im just curious if he is a Thatcherite and took issue with my post is doesn't like Avicii, GBNF

Il take all the down votes going to keep on using Limmys dildo in her dead arse patter. Tremendous. Never fails to make me laugh. Also might need to get the wee cartoon he posted of someone shoving their walloper into her grave. 

On 29/12/2020 at 15:28, GordonD said:

Just don't wear your steel-toecap boots when you're using it. Heard of a guy who did that on Portobello beach - he's thirty feet down and still digging.

Brilliant.  I laughed out loud at that.

My mobile phone number has just been transferred from EE to O2 following the whole PAC text thing.  Do I need to phone up EE and tell them to stop charging me, or will my direct debit to them stop automatically?  My contract with EE ran out years ago, so there's no fee to be paid.

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My mobile phone number has just been transferred from EE to O2 following the whole PAC text thing.  Do I need to phone up EE and tell them to stop charging me, or will my direct debit to them stop automatically?  My contract with EE ran out years ago, so there's no fee to be paid.

You requesting the PAC and then getting setup on the new operator is how they know that you've gone.

I too have no idea where the steak pie on New Year's day tradition comes from, and don't care, as I also agree that it is a great and delicious tradition.

However, can we also agree that steak topped with a pasty lid is an absolute disgrace and calling it a 'pie' is a breach of the Trades Description Act?

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I too have no idea where the steak pie on New Year's day tradition comes from, and don't care, as I also agree that it is a great and delicious tradition.

However, can we also agree that steak topped with a pasty lid is an absolute disgrace and calling it a 'pie' is a breach of the Trades Description Act?

Agreed. Disappointingly common these days, however.

I have a delightful steak and sausage pie trembling with fear in the fridge right now. Can wholeheartedly recommend as an improvement on the plain steak.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Agreed. Disappointingly common these days, however.

I have a delightful steak and sausage pie trembling with fear in the fridge right now. Can wholeheartedly recommend as an improvement on the plain steak.

That sounds exceptional.

Did you get it before Peggy?