Quick Question Thread

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Does anyone, anywhere, actually like celery?

Or  fennel?

I use celery a fair bit, mixed into a tomato based stew or crispy and raw in a salad. Only really used fennel seeds to liven up a cheese sauce, not too keen on the whole squishy bulb thing.

Edited by welshbairn

On 16/12/2020 at 21:56, philpy said:

If you are aware of someone who is continuing to drive after being just given a 20 month ban for drink driving (4 times the limit), would you shop them?? 

Sorry mate, never saw this original post. I would grass them up more than a Hawaiian skirt making society...

Does anyone, anywhere, actually like celery?
Or  fennel?
A huge amount of my cooking uses celery, either when I'm making stock or in mirepoix to begin a stew.

Fun mirepoix fact/shitey long story:

Mirepoix is so called because the incompetent Duke of Mirepoix had a super hot wife. Louis XV was desperate to bang her so he chucked loads of money and gifts her way. The Duke used this new found wealth to employ the best chef he could find. The chef went on to invent mirepoix but nobody knows the chef's name as the inept Duke said to his underling "Aye, you'll be naming that after me, so you will."

16 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I had no idea the wee clique on here were so keen on grassing folk up.

Of course the truth is that more likely they're all talk, and don't actually go phoning the polis whenever they see offences taking place.

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Aye, i suppose. I was just reacting to the wee snidey digs.

Who are these comments about the clique and snidey wee digs aimed at?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:
depends on size but 5-10k

Since you are here and knowledgable, what about a kitchen?

11k for our kitchen 4 years ago, it’s a fair size, included double oven and hob and granite sink but we supplied our own fridge freezer washing machine and dishwasher. 

11k for our kitchen 4 years ago, it’s a fair size, included double oven and hob and granite sink but we supplied our own fridge freezer washing machine and dishwasher. 
Is that pretty high spec gear? Supplied and fitted except the stuff you got yourself?

I know I need to go and shop around just looking for ballpark so that I have a rough idea. What I really want to do is go to a company and get them to supply me like 3 different specs at different price points. I assume most companies would do that.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is that pretty high spec gear? Supplied and fitted except the stuff you got yourself?

I know I need to go and shop around just looking for ballpark so that I have a rough idea. What I really want to do is go to a company and get them to supply me like 3 different specs at different price points. I assume most companies would do that.

Yes it’s pretty high spec. Supplied and fitted and the boys also fitted the fridge and dishwasher for us too. They also put down new flooring for me. Threw them a couple cases of beer for doing that. 

we got ours from Magnet and they did that, I think three options with higher, medium and lower end appliances etc. Also 3D drawings to see how it looked. I’d recommend them. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Yes it’s pretty high spec. Supplied and fitted and the boys also fitted the fridge and dishwasher for us too. They also put down new flooring for me. Threw them a couple cases of beer for doing that. 

we got ours from Magnet and they did that, I think three options with higher, medium and lower end appliances etc. Also 3D drawings to see how it looked. I’d recommend them. 

Hopefully a 2021 project, but it depends on a few different things. 

Got into the new place today (did I mention I was moving) and it's all electric, with a boiler/hot water tank combo which I've never had before. Got the heating working just with the thermostat and went to run a bath there but no hot water in the tank. No instructions with the boiler and I'm loathe to muck about with it too much and have it explode in my face.

Any good general ideas for getting this hot water tank filled?

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Got into the new place today (did I mention I was moving) and it's all electric, with a boiler/hot water tank combo which I've never had before. Got the heating working just with the thermostat and went to run a bath there but no hot water in the tank. No instructions with the boiler and I'm loathe to muck about with it too much and have it explode in my face.

What manufacturer is it? Also, make/model, there is usually a data plate on them somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

It should fill it's self up, by way of a kind of stop cock set up. Might be a valve shut, down the inlet line of the tank.

Edited by johnnydun

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

What manufacturer is it? Also, make/model, there is usually a data plate on them somewhere.

Comet V2 for the boiler, can't see a make/model on the tank. Had a look at an instruction manual for the boiler online but all seemed to be about the central heating