Quick Question Thread

34 minutes ago, 101 said:

I meant if they continued to drink drive then obviously dob them in, but if they aren't a danger to anyone then eventually the polis will catch up with them.

Sorry to put you on the spot here but, in your opinion, at what point is a banned drink driver who - according to phiply - seems to be driving about while regularly pished not ‘a danger to anyone’? 

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sorry to put you on the spot here but, in your opinion, at what point is a banned drink driver who - according to phiply - seems to be driving about while regularly pished not ‘a danger to anyone’? 

If they are driving drunk report them. If they are no longer driving drunk after their brush with the law the police will catch up with them should they continue to drive whilst banned.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

If they are driving drunk report them. If they are no longer driving drunk after their brush with the law the police will catch up with them should they continue to drive whilst banned.

So banned drink drivers should be allowed to continue driving about the community -who should turn a blind eye - until our royally underfunded justice system eventually get round to catching up with this character? 

That would probably be my stance, too.

Obviously shouldn't be driving at all, but if there's no evidence they're driving under the influence then I'd be inclined to leave it.

So banned drink drivers should be allowed to continue driving about the community -who should turn a blind eye - until our royally underfunded justice system eventually get round to catching up with this character? 
No-one here would be condoning them continuing to drive without licence - but it's a case of how much you want to police the situation yourself.

Not an easy one.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

No-one here would be condoning them continuing to drive without licence - but it's a case of how much you want to police the situation yourself.

Not an easy one.

Ok. Be bold. Pick either side of a - I understand a very difficult-  binary decision. A banned (proven drunk) and now uninsured driver or the community. Who’s side you on? 

Edited by alta-pete

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

That would probably be my stance, too.

Obviously shouldn't be driving at all, but if there's no evidence they're driving under the influence then I'd be inclined to leave it.

Never meant to quote this. 

47 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

FFS guys, if he’s banned he’s UNINSURED!

Get him off the road before he costs someone money if not their life

Pretty much this. No crashes will be sorted, more likely to hit and run and if they are willing to drive about without a licence or insurance I don't believe they'd give not having a drink before going into the car much consideration either. 

Ok. Be bold. Pick either side of a - I understand a very difficult-  binary decision. A banned (proven drunk) and now uninsured driver or the community. Who’s side you on? 
I'm on the side of the community - but I'm not the police.

Would you phone the police /record for evidence someone who was doing over 90 on the motorway? Quite clearly those drivers are endangering other people.

There's got to be a line where you decide to get involved. This isn't an easy one, but i still stand by my initial judgment.

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Would you phone the police /record for evidence someone who was doing over 90 on the motorway? Quite clearly those drivers are endangering other people.

There's got to be a line where you decide to get involved. This isn't an easy one, but i still stand by my initial judgment.

How often do you have the skelfs removed from your arse?

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

If you saw Harry Clarke getting into a car, would you phone the polis?

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I'm not the police. Presumably it's the same car he committed his offence in in which case it will be getting pulled over a lot especially at this time of year.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I'm not the police. 

Sorry but this is just bollocks. Does this just go for crime or if you saw a fire would you say "I'm not a fireman" and let someone's house burn down? If you saw someone collapsed on the pavement, I assume you'd walk by and potentially let them die as you're not a paramedic?

Just now, The Moonster said:

Sorry but this is just bollocks. Does this just go for crime or if you saw a fire would you say "I'm not a fireman" and let someone's house burn down? If you saw someone collapsed on the pavement, I assume you'd walk by and potentially let them die as you're not a paramedic?

He’d steal their money and their tie before letting them die.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

FTFY

“Mate, mate, I know you’re on fire and your Alsatian is but a pile of ash but I’ve got these tickets to meet Dunfermline players for just £40. Just sign here. Oh, your hand has melted.? That’s okay, we can do contactless. Cheers mate.”

5 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

“Mate, mate, I know you’re on fire and your Alsatian is but a pile of ash but I’ve got these tickets to meet Dunfermline players for just £40. Just sign here. Oh, your hand has melted.? That’s okay, we can do contactless. Cheers mate.”

I would be sad if the dog was dead, I would be less bothered if the human has succumbed.

Edited by 101

My other half is the same.  A whole bunch of folk will get killed and she’ll say “aww, poor dog”.  

Folk getting mauled left right and centre or their chests bursting open in Aliens?  No problem.  Alien bursts out of dog’s chest in Alien3?  Get the candles out...