Quick Question Thread

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sat opposite a row of houses, one house (only one) has a load of Starlings sat on the roof, with none to be seen anywhere else.

Is this house growing weed in the loft?

Probably.

I remember driving home with a mate once who randomly shouted "oh f***!!!" when he saw snow across the roof of every terraced house except half of his own, this being in full view of the A road through the village.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Probably.

I remember driving home with a mate once who randomly shouted "oh f***!!!" when he saw snow across the roof of every terraced house except half of his own, this being in full view of the A road through the village.

A similar thing happened during the big freeze a few years ago. The Police got a tip off about a cannabis farm in Mayfield. They send a car up to take a shufty.

"Hmm... Snow on the roof... Snow on the roof...snow on the roof...no snow on the roof...snow on the roof..."

"I'll get a search warrant .."

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A similar thing happened during the big freeze a few years ago. The Police got a tip off about a cannabis farm in Mayfield. They send a car up to take a shufty.

"Hmm... Snow on the roof... Snow on the roof...snow on the roof...no snow on the roof...snow on the roof..."

"I'll get a search warrant .."

Police in searching the non-white property shocker. 

On 30/09/2020 at 19:53, Hedgecutter said:

Yes, the teams subject to comparison had to be SPFL, but that doesn't mean that any potential answer had to refer to SPFL only.  

Had I shortened the list to exclude Elgin, Hamilton, Peterhead & Stirling (maybe Alloa), but kept the sentence with the SPFL reference exactly the same then the answer would need to have been "They are the sole senior team in their local council area".  Just saying "team" as you did wouldn't have been an acceptable answer in such an instance.

St Johnstone would also come off of the list. A few of the Perth junior sides have moved in to the senior setup in recent years.

Just say, hypothetically, a P&B poster who spends half his life decorating, thanks to a wife with a zero tolerance approach to scuffs, marks and anything other than pristine decor, was to launch a painting business. What would I, sorry, that poster, call it?

99AC03F3-289B-40E0-9FCD-7695659889D1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Just say, hypothetically, a P&B poster who spends half his life decorating, thanks to a wife with a zero tolerance approach to scuffs, marks and anything other than pristine decor, was to launch a painting business. What would I, sorry, that poster, call it?

I'm guessing that one of you is incontinent.

55 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

If you had a friend called Julian you could call it "Bona Decorators"

"Hello, I'm Julian and this is my friend Shandon.."

7 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

If you travel to jobs on a bike, you could call it Cycleangelo

9 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Is that last one your way of preparing your child for the harsh reality of prison?

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is that last one your way of preparing your child for the harsh reality of prison?

To make her go to bed I used to make the phone or doorbell go and pretend I was talking to Shrek. “So you’re saying if she doesn’t shut up and go to bed you’re going to take her away? Okay, I’ll let her know”. Always did the trick. Now the threat is a day in there in solitary with no wifi.