Quick Question Thread

Have Netflix managed to stop you casting from phone/pad to TV? 

I've lost my vkrgin remote so use phone to change channels etc but can't use red button to get into guide Netflix etc. I get audio but no picture. I do however get picture on the screen when selecting a film or program?

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Have Netflix managed to stop you casting from phone/pad to TV? 

I've lost my vkrgin remote so use phone to change channels etc but can't use red button to get into guide Netflix etc. I get audio but no picture. I do however get picture on the screen when selecting a film or program?

I've just tried it on my phone, casts fine.

Any computer nerds spot something obviously wrong in this URL? I don't have access to the website coding or file addresses, just wondering if there could be something that breaks the rules in isolation.

image.thumb.png.281940bd35be23ac3246236cc186532b.png

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Any computer nerds spot something obviously wrong in this URL? I don't have access to the website coding or file addresses, just wondering if there could something that breaks the rules in isolation

It seems to happen with every link on the news page (same with any links to league documents and links on the fixtures page) so it's something to do with the website software (don't know what it is though). Presumably there's an error log in the backend, or can't the company linked at the bottom of each page sort it out?

Edited by Ginaro

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It seems to happen with every link on the news page (same with any links to league documents and links on the fixtures page) so it's something to do with the website software (don't know what it is though). Presumably there's an error log in the backend, or can't the company linked at the bottom of each page sort it out?

Yeah, the website's got nothing to do with me and the guy who's running it is struggling to find a fix, but he's not a mate so I don't really know what the problem is.

Just thought there might be an extra dot or dash in the line or something.

20 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

One about average speed cameras. It’s reasonably well known that you would be unlikely to get done for 75 on a motorway but would the same be true for an average speed of 75mph? On a related note how do these cameras factor in roadworks?

An average speed of 75 is more serious than an occasional speed of 75.  Personally I don't know of anyone who has been caught by average cameras. 

I don't think they can factor in roadworks but if your average speed exceeds 70 over a section that includes roadworks then you are definitely going too fast.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, the website's got nothing to do with me and the guy who's running it is struggling to find a fix, but he's not a mate so I don't really know what the problem is.

Just thought there might be an extra dot or dash in the line or something.

It's exactly the same url which worked back in April, so something's happened since then: https://web.archive.org/web/20200409161147/http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/News/Item/1976_Scottish_Highland_Football_League_-_Update.aspx

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

An average speed of 75 is more serious than an occasional speed of 75.  Personally I don't know of anyone who has been caught by average cameras. 

I don't think they can factor in roadworks but if your average speed exceeds 70 over a section that includes roadworks then you are definitely going too fast.

I realise that, just wondered what the police view was.  Was travelling back down the A9 yesterday and there seemed to be plenty of folk steaming by while I was sitting at a steady 60/70 on dual carriageway 

14 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I have a pal who rides bikes who says he just blasts along as bikers do then pulls in to a layby for a smoke for 10 minutes then carries on average camera roads. No idea if he's lying or not but either way he's never moaned about being ticketed.

I thought average cameras don't work at all on bikes, as they don't have a front number plate?  Or is that actually an urban myth?

19 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I realise that, just wondered what the police view was.  Was travelling back down the A9 yesterday and there seemed to be plenty of folk steaming by while I was sitting at a steady 60/70 on dual carriageway 

Most lorries seem to get away with doing 10 mph over their 50 mph limit on single carraigeway sections if that's any help. With 6 points on my license I'm not going to test it out though.

One about average speed cameras. It’s reasonably well known that you would be unlikely to get done for 75 on a motorway but would the same be true for an average speed of 75mph? On a related note how do these cameras factor in roadworks?
You're allowed a leeway of 10% to account for differences in speedometer accuracy. A section of the A77 down to Monkton has a limit of 50mph covered by average speed cameras and I sit at 60mph every time. Never had a ticket and not heard of anyone getting one either.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Is it possible to open cat food pouches without the liquid going everywhere?

I don't think we've ever seen a pic of your cat in the Show us your Pussy thread.

Unless you were mistaken as to the content of that thread.... :lol: