Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

I remember Starks being famous for its pink doughnuts (according to Kenneth Williams) but I don't think you get them any more- when did they disappear?

I don't know, apparently you can still get the holes though.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

The two Bridie shops are near Station Park- McLaren's and Saddlers. I can't remember which one supplies Forfar Athletic though.

On a similar topic the pies you get at non League grounds are 1) cheaper and 2) far better quality than the shite you get in the SPFL. I had a smashing pie at Kirrie Thistle last year.

The standard of food at most SPFL grounds is indeed pretty pish. It's mostly overpriced shite. The selection is laughably dated too.

I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, but there's one thing I'm never sure of. Is it fucks' sake or f**k's sake? Been annoying me for years, I tend to go with the former.

33 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, but there's one thing I'm never sure of. Is it fucks' sake or f**k's sake? Been annoying me for years, I tend to go with the former.

The whole phrase would be "for f**k's sake" I think, meaning for the sake of f**k. f**k's sake is just a contraction from common usage. In @Bairnardo's idea it would be purely as an exclamation, rendering the effective phrase "for sake", which doesn't have any meaning.

That's what I think anyway. Go f**k yourselves in any case

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

The whole phrase would be "for f**k's sake" I think, meaning for the sake of f**k. f**k's sake is just a contraction from common usage. In [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention]'s idea it would be purely as an exclamation, rendering the effective phrase "for sake", which doesn't have any meaning.
That's what I think anyway. Go f**k yourselves in any case

In light of this evidence I am going to shift to a position of "Don't care"

Wanting to get roof of my house cleaned. Person cross the road got his done today but he got his roof sprayed right down to get rid of the moss.

Now reading up on it, this is terrible and looks like should be done by a brush which would take a lot longer but would prevent any water getting into the loft.

Now is this a lot of shite or if I got my roof done I would expect it to be sprayed ? 

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Wanting to get roof of my house cleaned. Person cross the road got his done today but he got his roof sprayed right down to get rid of the moss.

Now reading up on it, this is terrible and looks like should be done by a brush which would take a lot longer but would prevent any water getting into the loft.

Now is this a lot of shite or if I got my roof done I would expect it to be sprayed ? 

It *should* be fine if they're spraying with the direction of the tiles. Does your loft flood when it rains? 

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

When I worked for firms involved in house maintenance, which included cleaning roofs, I think they had to be done manually (i.e. brushed down*). However, its 7 years since I was involved in that, so maybe things have changed.

* This was a contractual condition if I remember correctly, rather than a H&S issue.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Needing ours done too, could you let me know how it went when you get sorted?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It *should* be fine if they're spraying with the direction of the tiles. Does your loft flood when it rains? 

Nah loft is fine. Been getting that done up recently ( not because of rain, just making more space) .

But aye unsure what is correct way of doing it. Wish I didn't google it. 

53 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Wanting to get roof of my house cleaned. Person cross the road got his done today but he got his roof sprayed right down to get rid of the moss

I got Mick Jagger in to do mine but after he'd gone I couldn't see any difference.

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Looks likely the 5's will be starting up soon. Anybody got a link to a hooky site that sells strips of the world for about £7?

You can get a 2008 Switzerland shirt for £7 on classic football shirts

Check out the "hall of shame" section for some wtf shirts too!