Quick Question Thread

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

That reminds me of a supporters club bus we took to Ayr once. A panel in the floor came loose and you could see the road underneath....

Must have saved a lot of time on long journeys not having to make piss stops. 

Unicycle - one wheel
Unicorn - one horn 
Unilateral - a decision made by one person, country etc
Why the f**k are unisex hairdressers for both sexes?

Because advertising oneself as a “bisexual hairdresser” would be confusing

It’s a contraction of “universal” and the universe is called the universe because there’s only one of it.

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Why the f**k are unisex hairdressers for both sexes?

All sexes are equal and therefore as one.

Why are there no Cove Rangers fans on the forum?

3 hours ago, Smurph said:

All sexes are equal and therefore as one.

Why are there no Cove Rangers fans on the forum?

Controversial answer: there are, they just post on the Aberdeen threads

Did they ever post on the Highland League thread? 

There's not too many Annan fans either.

Can any fishing enthusiast or wannabe chef help me in identifying this fellae that i've started to defrost with a view to devouring tomorrow ??  It was given to me with the 1st delivery of random fish/shellfish a week or so ago.  Info i have is that it was caught , along with the others i was given, in the Forth Estuary .  Looks like a cross between an eel and a mean-looking angry fish.  It's approx 18" long in total.   Maybe would be better to take a photo of the fully defrosted fish, but if anyone can advise me, then i'll know whether i'm having a mean fish supper or should find a suitable place to bin it.

Cheers.

P1030765.JPG

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Looks a bit like a ling from its tail in which case it wasn't caught anywhere near the forth estuary as it's a deep water fish. Should taste fine if that's what it is.

Thanks mate.  Was told it was from a boat operating "locally" within the Forth waters.  Everything else i've been given, (lobsters,  monkfish tails, a brill, etc) all came from the same boat trips.  Maybe i'd have been better posting the photo after it's fully defrosted.  It looks a mean dude, though.

37 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

If it's got ferocious teeth it might be a hake

i'll find out once it's defrosted.  I know i wouldn't have been given it unless it was fully edible, but because it looks ferocious and i know nada about fish in general, i'm a wee bit apprehensive.

Edited by hearthammer

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Alaskan pipeline imo.

@BigFatTabbyDave will confirm.

I'm going to have to side with the Green Jeanie here; it's an impressive toley.

You don't half find some terrifying things when defrosting the freezer. We had something that looked suspiciously like a spinal column embedded in the glacier at the back of ours a month or two back.

The missus wants to throw out beef we bought earlier because it's gone a bit dark in the fridge. This is absolutely normal behaviour for raw beef and it's taking some persuasion to stop her chucking it.

Should I just kill her now or after tomorrow's BBQ?

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The missus wants to throw out beef we bought earlier because it's gone a bit dark in the fridge. This is absolutely normal behaviour for raw beef and it's taking some persuasion to stop her chucking it.

Should I just kill her now or after tomorrow's BBQ?

During. She'll be fresher.

3 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Can any fishing enthusiast or wannabe chef help me in identifying this fellae that i've started to defrost with a view to devouring tomorrow ??  It was given to me with the 1st delivery of random fish/shellfish a week or so ago.  Info i have is that it was caught , along with the others i was given, in the Forth Estuary .  Looks like a cross between an eel and a mean-looking angry fish.  It's approx 18" long in total.   Maybe would be better to take a photo of the fully defrosted fish, but if anyone can advise me, then i'll know whether i'm having a mean fish supper or should find a suitable place to bin it.

Cheers.

P1030765.JPG

It's a chest buster from Alien.

Goodnight sweet prince....

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's a chest buster from Alien.

Goodnight sweet prince....

It's almost thawed enough to lay it out straight, but it looks more like an eel now than it did when i brought it out of the freezer.  Whilst i'm grateful for all the fish i've been given, i'd prefer they were "dressed" as fillets rather than having this scary f*cker staring and following me around the kitchen. 

If i don't report in here tomorrow, i'll see you all on the other side - except those who are destined for heaven of course, like maybe Throbber and BFTD.