Quick Question Thread

Anyone know a reliable joiner in Dundee?.

We're trying to get someone to build a bed unit with some shelves.

We've been trying for ages, and all the contacts we have let us down. At least 2 folk have said they can do it and then not replied when we agreed (we're not even fussy about when it gets done - we just need it sorted at some point).

Starting to get annoyed by folk being a bit shit.

I’ve had a dead bird in a water tank, tenant has said there was a smell coming it, I’ve emptied the tank power hosed and disinfected it only problem is there is pressure coming through the taps in the bathroom. Anybody got any sensible advice. Plumber is on his way but I’m sitting about waiting with nothing to

9 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

I’ve had a dead bird in a water tank, tenant has said there was a smell coming it, I’ve emptied the tank power hosed and disinfected it only problem is there is pressure coming through the taps in the bathroom. Anybody got any sensible advice. Plumber is on his way but I’m sitting about waiting with nothing to

any pressure in the kitchen ?

44 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

Like Empty It says, there may be areas on the mains with the tank just feeding certain things. Should make sure to get a properly-fitting lid for the tank too so you are compliant in terms of Legionella testing. 

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anybody ever had used someone to do an illustration of a picture and put it onto a print?

Thinking of getting a Frightened Rabbit gig picture drawn out and put on a print but googling it doesn’t seem to be helping much.

Maybe give @sophierobbart a shout on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anybody ever had used someone to do an illustration of a picture and put it onto a print?

Thinking of getting a Frightened Rabbit gig picture drawn out and put on a print but googling it doesn’t seem to be helping much.

much cheaper option: get yourself a copy of adobe photoshop (download a copy off a torrent site), load up the picture and - without getting too technical - piss about with the different filters you can apply, they really are fantastic. you can apply all sorts of different styles, change the colours - all sorts

i'm assuming you want to pretty much replicate the original image rather than using as just the basis for a re-imagined illustration, mind, as PS can only alter what's already there, not reinterpret it; you can distort, retouch, edit, resize, alter the perspective etc etc - upload the pic, and i'll do a few examples if you like...

3 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

much cheaper option: get yourself a copy of adobe photoshop (download a copy off a torrent site), load up the picture and - without getting too technical - piss about with the different filters you can apply, they really are fantastic. you can apply all sorts of different styles, change the colours - all sorts

i'm assuming you want to pretty much replicate the original image rather than using as just the basis for a re-imagined illustration, mind, as PS can only alter what's already there, not reinterpret it; you can distort, retouch, edit, resize, alter the perspective etc etc - upload the pic, and i'll do a few examples if you like...

Interesting, picture is attached.

909C372D-C76D-4AB5-8E62-D934F869E749.jpeg