Quick Question Thread

Given kids learn to ride bikes anyway and always have done this sounds like a marketing wheeze to sell you two bikes
That could be said about almost every invention that makes things slightly easier.

My wee one loved his balance bike. And the experts say that it's good preparation for learning to ride a bike as opposed to the old stabilizers way.

9 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

They're called Balance Bikes, and, apparently, use of them as a toddler makes it a lot easier for them to master riding a bike proper, when the time comes.

Balance bike! I got put on an adult sized two wheeler and shoved down a hill. I soon learned how to balance, never did me any harm.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

42 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I have air vents in my attic , I believe small little birds are managing to get inside. What do I cover the air vents with that will stop this from happening ?

Mesh. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Mesh. 

Aye was only thing I could think of that would do. Downside is I have a fair bit of insulation right infront it. ( did cover my face n hands up before but the stuff is brutal) 

May extend the flooring right into the corner. 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Balance bike! I got put on an adult sized two wheeler and shoved down a hill. I soon learned how to balance, never did me any harm.

That's debatable. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Aye was only thing I could think of that would do. Downside is I have a fair bit of insulation right infront it. ( did cover my face n hands up before but the stuff is brutal) 

May extend the flooring right into the corner. 

You'll need to wait until after nesting season, before putting up mesh.

Thank you.

23 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

See the small bikes without pedals that you see toddlers scooting about on........are they the latest thing to get them riding as opposed to a conventional bike with pedals and stabilisers?

If he’s just turned 3, I’d advise getting a one with a brake, or put cheap shoes/trainers on him. Most don’t have brakes. The confidence they get is unreal, this wee shite is fearless on his and he’s coming up 3 

8AA423AD-DFCA-427A-AF8F-8DAE468EFE9D.jpeg

4 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

If he’s just turned 3, I’d advise getting a one with a brake, or put cheap shoes/trainers on him. Most don’t have brakes. The confidence they get is unreal, this wee shite is fearless on his and he’s coming up 3 

8AA423AD-DFCA-427A-AF8F-8DAE468EFE9D.jpeg

What a well dressed young man. Respek to the parents. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is it possible to get a shed utilising one of the walls of your house.

I want to build a wee shed, it's a long but narrow space and I feel this would save space and potentially money.

A lean-to

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is it possible to get a shed utilising one of the walls of your house.

I want to build a wee shed, it's a long but narrow space and I feel this would save space and potentially money.

I bought my garden shed from these guys.  They erected (steady Matron) it and it's been both solid and fully waterproof.  Worth a wee look.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=forestcraft&pc=cosp&ptag=G6C9N1520ABDE98A3969&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3210127

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
A lean-to

Yeah thought that was maybe the word for it. Needs to be sealed round the edge tho, talking a proper weatherproof shed rather than just a shelter.

Good wee video here if you have basic joiner skills and tools.

Edited by welshbairn