stuart.

Quick Question Thread

Points expire after 3 years but stay in your licence for 4. A total of 12 live points means "totting up" applies and you get a ban for being a speeding cnut.
If you do,say, 60 in a 30 zone you might be prosecuted for a Section 2 (of the Road Traffic Act 1988) which is dangerous driving. You would be banned for at least a year AND have to take and pass the extended driving test before getting your licence back. I wish a polis had been around to catch the cnut who tried to overtake me just as the road went down from a dual carriageway to single by Torness because Mr Audi w****r would definitely be facing a S2...
I'm pretty sure I have no live points at the moment then, maybe 3 at the most. And 82 in a 70 isn't going to get me a section 2.

Thanks to everyone for easing my concerns.

16 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Done for speeding last weekend. Dead annoying.

But why would I get a Notice of Intended prosecution letter rather an automatic speeding fine?

I've not had any points for a few years - I presumed they had expired. And I was doing 82 in a 70 - so surely not a high speeding offence?

Would it be because it was a police car with a gun rather than a stationary speed camera?

I think under the new Brexit laws you get your right foot chopped off rather than three points.

Is a sugar piece a thing? Never heard of it let alone tried one

55 minutes ago, 101 said:

Absolutely. Was popular in my house when I was wee until it was sadly replaced by the crisp butty.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

55 minutes ago, MSU said:

Absolutely. Was popular in my house when I was wee until it was sadly replaced by the crisp butty.

I've always wondered about this, do you have butter with it? How much sugar?

There is an Australian version called fairy bread but uses hundreds and thousands instead of sugar. It’s common at kids birthday parties. Revolting stuff but not quite as revolting as vegemite.IMG_1580603756.480347.jpg

On 01/02/2020 at 08:56, Shandon Par said:

I think under the new Brexit laws you get your right foot chopped off rather than three points.

That would still qualify you to drive an Uber taxi, the road law ignoring brainless wanks..

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That would still qualify you to drive an Uber taxi, the road law ignoring brainless wanks..

Edinburgh private hires/übers must be the worst drivers around. 

14 hours ago, 101 said:

Absolutely. Even better is chopped up banana on a buttered sandwich sprinkled with sugar. 

29 minutes ago, Nick_BCFC said:

Who was that poster who said he’d fucked Hayden Panettiere?

@DAFC, I think. 

12 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Pan bread, margarine and a good covering of sugar. 

14 hours ago, MSU said:

13 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

29 minutes ago, Dele said:

Absolutely. Even better is chopped up banana on a buttered sandwich sprinkled with sugar. 

@DAFC, I think. 

My uncle was telling me about but neither me or my Aunt had heard of such a thing. I may have to try one. He said it's best with butter as posters have suggested.

On 01/02/2020 at 08:56, Shandon Par said:

Naw, speeding fines are the kind of fascism that Brexit Man's been trying to escape from.

Speeding will now surely only be illegal for people who don't know what they're doing - women, children, and foreigners.

18 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

She must be getting on a bit, is it a more realistic prospect now?

You'd think so.

EOJH0ZUU8AATF2l?format=jpg

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

My uncle was telling me about but neither me or my Aunt had heard of such a thing. I may have to try one. He said it's best with butter as posters have suggested.

Enjoy the tooth decay and dose of worms. x. 

Did anyone else watch dead water fell on channel 4 and think it was utter shite? Can’t find anyone who mentioned watching it In the tv thread. 

2 hours ago, Dele said:

No, no. Has to be on toast, and salt brings out the flavour.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Naw, speeding fines are the kind of fascism that Brexit Man's been trying to escape from.

Speeding will now surely only be illegal for people who don't know what they're doing - women, children, and foreigners.

What foreigners? They won't be allowed in.