Quick Question Thread

Received a parking ticket about 3 year ago. Had the usual threatening letters and they finally stopped after 18 month or so.

Today I received a letter from BW Legal wanting £160. Is this still file in the bin stuff?

41 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Checking Flight Radar to see what’s currently active c.5pm on Monday. (I know, it’s going to be a long week). There two planes up, both private jets, both out of Prestwick, with these - ummm - unconventional flight paths. Any ideas what they are up to? 

Looks like some sort of survey but they are too high and travelling too fast for anything meaningful. And PnBrs on Arran or the Kintyre peninsula shed any light? 

B5CB8578-8AF5-4D5E-AAF8-F08CD8906CFA.png

618918E9-532E-4499-B474-3116A7C5E623.png

Ordnance survey use a king air 200 for mapping, maybe that. 

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Received a parking ticket about 3 year ago. Had the usual threatening letters and they finally stopped after 18 month or so.

Today I received a letter from BW Legal wanting £160. Is this still file in the bin stuff?

Who was the parking ticket from? 

44 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Seems like they're being total c***s in England and getting away with it, hopefully they can't do it here, especially if you haven't said who was driving. Normally I'd say bin it but it might be worth checking with Citizens Advice or somebody with this lot, just in case they're trying it on in Scottish courts and winning, which could f**k your credit rating. They buy cases for pennies that the parking firms don't think are worth pursuing and build up a reputation by taking enough cases to court that people pay up, or don't contest so the judgement automatically goes against them. Could be it only works in England though. It's also possible they wrote the comments below in Trust Pilot to put the shits up people and they're just scam artists.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bwlegal.co.uk

P.S. https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/nov/03/the-motorists-driven-to-desperation-by-private-parking-contractors

Edited by welshbairn

39 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

NCP

Got one from them as well, as Dele says throw it in the bin, and ignore.

eta. started off at £60 and then after a load of threats went up gradually to £160, (they pass it on to a debt recovery firm of bullies) they can't prove who was driving so f**k them. Take me to court for £160, good luck with that one.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Checking Flight Radar to see what’s currently active c.5pm on Monday. (I know, it’s going to be a long week). There two planes up, both private jets, both out of Prestwick, with these - ummm - unconventional flight paths. Any ideas what they are up to? 

Looks like some sort of survey but they are too high and travelling too fast for anything meaningful. And PnBrs on Arran or the Kintyre peninsula shed any light? 

My guess is they're trying to draw a cock and balls but haven't quite worked out the correct course to fly.

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

The 2nd aircraft is owned by RVL Aviation who do a lot of aerial survey work 

B5CB8578-8AF5-4D5E-AAF8-F08CD8906CFA.thumb.png.1ecf0dec7e13fc3a0092162acb578406.png
618918E9-532E-4499-B474-3116A7C5E623.thumb.png.9c662af548ce4e998c4e8a14259b8512.png
Interesting. Before lockdown there was always pilot training on for hours every day in Ryanair or Easyjet planes. Recently though I've only seen a grey 4 prop thing doing the same manoevers like nearly landing then pulling up and going round again.

My 80yo grandmother has just been on the phone to me claiming to have just taken a call from a "physiotherapist" who is advising her to buy some sort of camera from Amazon that would allow them to have a video conference. She can't remember what the device was but it apparently costs £150.

I'm assuming this is a scam as surely they'd just use WhatsApp if need be?

She reckons that she'll get a call back in two weeks but in the meantime I'm "researching" it for her. Any other P&Bers had anything similar before I write it off? 

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
22 hours ago, alta-pete said:

B5CB8578-8AF5-4D5E-AAF8-F08CD8906CFA.thumb.png.1ecf0dec7e13fc3a0092162acb578406.png
618918E9-532E-4499-B474-3116A7C5E623.thumb.png.9c662af548ce4e998c4e8a14259b8512.png

Interesting. Before lockdown there was always pilot training on for hours every day in Ryanair or Easyjet planes. Recently though I've only seen a grey 4 prop thing doing the same manoevers like nearly landing then pulling up and going round again.

The RAF have been training all over the country for the last week with their transporters.

24 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Definitely a scam. My folks tried to buy a webcam to do Skype and Amazon aren't delivering these for ages.

I did question why someone employed by the NHS was advising her to buy a camera online then ask someone from the family to come over and set it up for her. She won't take a telling so now having to chase after her auld pal to tell him not to buy it for her as there's no way she'd be able to set it up herself. :shutup