Quick Question Thread

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I live on my own in a 2 bedroom flat. Both bedrooms are nice and have their advantages. One is dark and quiet and good for hangovers - the other is a bit larger and has nice views. 

Is it weird that I sometimes sleep in one room, and sometimes the other? To the point that I wouldn't even call one of them my room?

I'm only asking cos I mentioned this at work, and you'd think that I was Jame Gumb.

Unusual rather than weird , I’d say.   But not much different really from having different chairs/seats to sit watching tv / reading etc and  choosing a different one depending on your mood or particular requirement.

Depends on which one I'm not using at the moment. Btw, you never replied to my text about a mod sleepover.
A guy at work called me "decadent" cos I made use of both bedrooms. In my 2 bedroom mansion. 
I never got a text :(
Unusual rather than weird , I’d say.   But not much different really from having different chairs/seats to sit watching tv / reading etc and  choosing a different one depending on your mood or particular requirement.
What kind of freak does that?

We're doing a 3 night city break with the kids (7&5) this Easter holiday.

Can't decide where to go though : belfast, Dublin, Southampton - all relatively cheap flights.

Newcastle or even Manchester on the train? I've not looked at train prices though, but i don't want a ridiculously long journey.

Any advice?

Best places for this kind of family break? Or best in terms of price /ease of transport?

Can't decide where to go though : belfast, Dublin, Southampton - all relatively cheap flights.

Newcastle or even Manchester on the train? I've not looked at train prices though, but i don't want a ridiculously long journey.

Any advice?

Best places for this kind of family break? Or best in terms of price /ease of transport?

I’m taking the mrs and child to Haggerston castle then a few nights in Sheffield for the Easter break. We are going to have a day out at Sundown Adventureland which is an hour out of Sheffield and would be decent for a 5 and 7 yo and not too expensive at all.

Not sure how you would spend your remaining days if you were in Sheffield though as it is a fucking bin.

HTH

Just now, throbber said:

I’m taking the mrs and child to Haggerston castle then a few nights in Sheffield for the Easter break. We are going to have a day out at Sundown Adventureland which is an hour out of Sheffield and would be decent for a 5 and 7 yo and not too expensive at all.

Not sure how you would spend your remaining days if you were in Sheffield though as it is a fucking bin.

HTH

Must be a fork factory or some such.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

My eldest is at the Uni of Sheffield and I visit her once a term.  It's actually an OK city and has a Paternoster lift.  Given your engineering background you should love this...

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m taking the mrs and child to Haggerston castle 

It was hilarious watching kids leading their drunk parents about, you’ll love it 

My eldest is at the Uni of Sheffield and I visit her once a term.  It's actually an OK city and has a Paternoster lift.  Given your engineering background you should love this...

Yeah It’s is an okay city, I take back that it’s a bin I just wanted to wrap my post off and was half asleep when saying it but it does have some pretty derelict areas. Rather valley is a decent place to take the kids if the weather is nice but I’m struggling to think of anything you can do in Sheffield that you can’t do anywhere else but it’s handy for Sundown and Alton towers.

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Any advice?

Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Aye, i don't know whether I'd prefer Manchester or Liverpool. Both seem like pretty cool, fixed up modern cities.

The train is the only option here. Is it a decent service?

So far as I'm aware. I've driven down the two times I've been there.

If you pick Manchester,  it's well easy by train.