Quick Question Thread

Ideas for getting a seized bolt with no head, if drilling out and using a screw extractor has failed? Am I Ieft with drilling the whole thing and tapping a new thread, or is there something else I can try before that?
Looks like a drill and tap job, did you get it red hot before trying the screw extractor?

Ideas for getting a seized bolt with no head, if drilling out and using a screw extractor has failed? Am I Ieft with drilling the whole thing and tapping a new thread, or is there something else I can try before that?
Google "Folk who take my money to do horrendous sounding jobs for me" and take it from there

34 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Any recommendations
for cheap Glasgow city centre pub food? I've committed to a cheap night away and as such I am cutting my cloth accordingly, however I'm not sure I can bring myself to eat at Wetherspoons again.

How cheap are we talking? I'd say Bon Accord, Rhoderick Dhu or Horseshoe depending on where you are classing as "city centre".

You'll be able to get something in a restaurant almost as cheap btw depending on what you fancy.

Any recommendations
for cheap Glasgow city centre pub food? I've committed to a cheap night away and as such I am cutting my cloth accordingly, however I'm not sure I can bring myself to eat at Wetherspoons again.
Union St and Argyle St have a Weatherspoons. Cheap and cheerful.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:
Any recommendations

KFC and now Wetherspoons.

Has your account been hacked?

Any recommendations

Which end of city centre? If NW/Sauchiehall St-Ish, State Bar on Holland St.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
5 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Looks like a drill and tap job, did you get it red hot before trying the screw extractor?

See the source image

About the Pub

Regular winner of Glasgow CAMRAs pub of the year, this is a popular and welcoming bar in the Charing Cross/Sauchiehall Street area, handy for restaurants and entertainment venues. Besides the regular beers from Oakham, there are several guests, coming from all over Britain, but often featuring Scottish breweries, including Fyne Ales and Williams Brothers. As a member of the Oakham Ales Oakademy of excellence, the infamous Green Devil is often available.

Food is available at lunchtimes only and the State features blues in the public bar on a Tuesday night and comedy in the downstairs room on a Saturday.

Edit : I've never seen or heard of 'State'. Is it decent, aye? 

Edited by Dele

6 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Any recommendations

Horseshoe Bar does fairly cheap standard pub food.

About the Pub
Regular winner of Glasgow CAMRAs pub of the year, this is a popular and welcoming bar in the Charing Cross/Sauchiehall Street area, handy for restaurants and entertainment venues. Besides the regular beers from Oakham, there are several guests, coming from all over Britain, but often featuring Scottish breweries, including Fyne Ales and Williams Brothers. As a member of the Oakham Ales Oakademy of excellence, the infamous Green Devil is often available.

Food is available at lunchtimes only and the State features blues in the public bar on a Tuesday night and comedy in the downstairs room on a Saturday.

Best pub in the town. But I don’t tend to be out late at night so assumed the lunch trade continued into teatime. Def however worth a look in if you are in the area.

About the Pub

Definitely one of the best pubs in Glasgow. Good range of interesting, well kept cask ales if that's your thing, but even if it's not, still worth a visit. (I can't comment on the food, however.)

Weld a new bolt on to the first? Use heat around the seized bolt or if that's not an option soak it in a good release oil like Plus Gas.

20 hours ago, Dele said:

About the Pub

Aye.  Excellent pub that has managed to avoid turning to utter shite like all the other pubs in that part of the town.  They always have various football matches on from around the world as well.

On 05/01/2020 at 11:50, WeAreElgin said:

I'm not sure I can bring myself to eat at Wetherspoons again.

On 05/01/2020 at 13:10, 19QOS19 said:
On 05/01/2020 at 11:50, WeAreElgin said:
Any recommendations

Good help