Quick Question Thread

19 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

How to change the top brake light on an 06 Touran?

Tinternet seems rubbish for it.

VWs and Volvos are absolute shite for blowing bulbs with my most recent ex Mrs' Polo being the worst.

Here's how the 'blinker' seems to be done on the Touran:

Are people still pretending that women’s football isn’t awful or has everyone given up on that? Judging by the lack of engagement it seems even the fanboys can’t be bothered trying to big it up. 
I'm not sure you can criticise women's football for poor standards on a Scottish football forum. It's just too far.

Does anyone of a financial mindset know what the likely path is of the pound vs the euro in the coming months? What is likely to happen if the Tories get a majority? I guess a majority brings stability which would make the £ stringer, but it also brings a definite Brexit in some form or another, and I am unsure what direction it might go then?

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone of a financial mindset know what the likely path is of the pound vs the euro in the coming months? What is likely to happen if the Tories get a majority? I guess a majority brings stability which would make the £ stringer, but it also brings a definite Brexit in some form or another, and I am unsure what direction it might go then?

I have a sure fire prediction- PM me your bank details.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

With any majority, it will create a rise, usually quite sharpish, however it will head back to the same after a few days. Over the next few months it will probably keep steady if a Tory government is  elected, on the up rather than down. Stability is what the markets want. 

6 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Anyone connected with the insurance industry know, if the spelling of surname on a motor insurance policy (named driver) is spelled incorrectly (1 letter missing Mc rather than Mac), would this invalidate the policy? Cheers

No it does not take any effect.  My drivers licence has my name correct Christian, Second % Surname. and my insurance had in the UK Second, Christian % surname.  I never changed for 15 years, and had no problem with claims or police.  Not stayed in UK for 11 years now, maybe it's changed, but see no reason. 

My nicest white shirt has a nasty grey mark on the tip of one collar in dull light, yet in decent daylight it disappears (the mark, not the shirt as that would be even more annoying).  Wtf is this all about?   :huh:

... and no, it's not a shadow. 

13 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Anyone connected with the insurance industry know, if the spelling of surname on a motor insurance policy (named driver) is spelled incorrectly (1 letter missing Mc rather than Mac), would this invalidate the policy? Cheers

Have to imagine it would depend on the insurance company, some might be alright about that, others might be absolute b*****ds, especially if its a big claim

On 23/11/2019 at 16:29, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Currently watching Empire of the Ants. Where did the idea originally come from that radioactivity causes massive growth in size?

Hunterston & Dounreay.  I've seen the big-eared boys in North Ayrshire and Caithness.

13 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

No. It definitely won't.