Quick Question Thread

Currently watching Empire of the Ants. Where did the idea originally come from that radioactivity causes massive growth in size?

Also, the wife has an assistance dog who (amongst other things) helps her get dressed/undressed. He's currently feeling playful and is trying to pull her top off. Have there ever been any handicapable strippers who use their dog as part of their act?

One for any union types. 

Folk in my work are temps, they've worked continuously for 2 years in my work - some have been given permanent contracts (and extra holidays to match up with us) some haven't. 

Is this a grey area or is there somewhere I can print of legislation to get these other guys their rights? 

They aren't in a union so the shop steward just washes his hands of it. 

A guy I work with is missing out on about 3 days holiday for the year. We have no HR, she quit after the boy who used to run the place got pished and emailed her abuse. :lol:

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Currently watching Empire of the Ants. Where did the idea originally come from that radioactivity causes massive growth in size?

Think it was around the time the US were conducting above ground nuclear test explosions a gentle breeze away from settled communities. Radiation sickness isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're @Bairnardo was the message.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Also, the wife has an assistance dog who (amongst other things) helps her get dressed/undressed. He's currently feeling playful and is trying to pull her top off.

^^^^^ throbber in a skin.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

One for any union types. 

Folk in my work are temps, they've worked continuously for 2 years in my work - some have been given permanent contracts (and extra holidays to match up with us) some haven't. 

Is this a grey area or is there somewhere I can print of legislation to get these other guys their rights? 

They aren't in a union so the shop steward just washes his hands of it. 

A guy I work with is missing out on about 3 days holiday for the year. We have no HR, she quit after the boy who used to run the place got pished and emailed her abuse. :lol:

After 12 weeks of continued employment a temp/agency worker has the same rights as a permanent worker, ie sick pay, holidays etc but there is no requirement to offer a permanent contract. 

7 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

The top one. There's no way in and the internet is empty.

Looks easy to change the bulb from that video, anything more and you'll likely have to replace the whole thing.

Edited by welshbairn

27 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Has the NSFW forum finally died?
Last time I logged in (several months ago) it was an empty husk of its former glorious self, so was it put out of its mystery?

It was always being kept going by one or two posters, likely bots, who posted hundreds of amusing GIFs and the like on a daily basis. Folk would reply to the stuff that they were putting out, giving the illusion that it was some kind of group effort.

One of them got banned because he was obsessed with tits, and occasionally something more explicit would slip in (matron). Another got punted because, IIRC, one of the mods thought that his constant posting was putting other people off posting their own stuff, and getting rid of him would lead to more people posting. You can see how well that theory worked; they really would be as well just shutting it down at this point. It's like the Platinum forum that Div abandoned.

Oh, and @King Kebab stopped posting sexy octopus pictures, which nobody is complaining about. Was it him that also posted the GIF of a lassie being ripped apart by a sex machine going haywire?  :shutup

It was always being kept going by one or two posters, likely bots, who posted hundreds of amusing GIFs and the like on a daily basis. Folk would reply to the stuff that they were putting out, giving the illusion that it was some kind of group effort.
One of them got banned because he was obsessed with tits, and occasionally something more explicit would slip in (matron). Another got punted because, IIRC, one of the mods thought that his constant posting was putting other people off posting their own stuff, and getting rid of him would lead to more people posting. You can see how well that theory worked; they really would be as well just shutting it down at this point. It's like the Platinum forum that Div abandoned.
Oh, and [mention=11219]King Kebab[/mention] stopped posting sexy octopus pictures, which nobody is complaining about. Was it him that also posted the GIF of a lassie being ripped apart by a sex machine going haywire?  :shutup
The random images thread was a thing to behold in its day.

Guest Moomintroll
Oh, and [mention=11219]King Kebab[/mention] stopped posting sexy octopus pictures, which nobody is complaining about. Was it him that also posted the GIF of a lassie being ripped apart by a sex machine going haywire?  :shutup
Ah booitsme7, GBNF.