Quick Question Thread

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is anyone else finding a massive jump in car insurance premiums?

My renewal is due next month, and the price is going up by over 28% with my current insurer. A quick check, and that's among the cheapest policies. I've had no claims for 10 years, and have never had any points, etc.

Try NFU for a quote, had no problem with them.

54 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I found this sticking out of my rear lawn (steady) last night. It was at a jaunty angle. f**k knows what it is or how it got there. Anybody know what it is? Solid metal, threaded at each end, about 75cm long.

it's a retort rod - screws in to a metal base and is used to then mount various pieces of scientific equipment to construct linear experimentation structures

not sure why the top end is threaded too, though, maybe for mounting a bap on which you can snack should your analytical processes take a little longer than anticipated ?

if you can also find the thing that's one up from the bottom in the image below, you're laughing, because it's like a mechanical dinosaur claw - you can piss about for a bit pretending to be a 'mechanodon' or some other fantastical mechanical dinosaur type thing - grrrrrrr !

image.thumb.png.32a0c78c7102216800994d0fa564dd8c.png

4 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

it's a retort rod - screws in to a metal base and is used to then mount various pieces of scientific equipment to construct linear experimentation structures

not sure why the top end is threaded too, though, maybe for mounting a bap on which you can snack should your analytical processes take a little longer than anticipated ?

if you can also find the thing that's one up from the bottom in the image below, you're laughing, because it's like a mechanical dinosaur claw - you can piss about for a bit pretending to be a 'mechanodon' or some other fantastical mechanical dinosaur type thing - grrrrrrr !

It does look a bit retorty but the double thread has me baffled

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I found this sticking out of my rear lawn (steady) last night. It was at a jaunty angle. f**k knows what it is or how it got there. Anybody know what it is? Solid metal, threaded at each end, about 75cm long.

3D39419A-DD94-4788-9DAA-1A1C0748D784.jpeg

It's the main sprocket off a nine gear wanking machine

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It will be an axle from a bairns buggy or toy car. The wheels will be held on by nuts at either end, or part of a pedal bin that lifts the lid up.

I've no idea what it's supposed to be used for but two nights ago it was a javelin. 

you dropped some money mate

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s the rear axle of a sex pram m8. DA Baracus has moved in to your garden shed.

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Looking for the name of the black female cook/chef that on TV. Sometimes does quiz shows too. 

I think she won one of the cookery programs from commoner to celebrity. 

I've exhausted Google search to no avail. 

Rusty Lee?

SorrowfulGrandioseBlackrhino-size_restri

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Looking for the name of the black female cook/chef that on TV. Sometimes does quiz shows too. 

I think she won one of the cookery programs from commoner to celebrity. 

I've exhausted Google search to no avail. 

Is she kind of baldy?