Quick Question Thread

It's just an old racist rumour, I've heard it used in the Aberdeen case too. Usual trope of filthy eat-anything-Chinese.

Yeah, I had little interest if it was true or not but heard it several times off various unreliable sources over the years and found it quite a funny thing to tell people.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Yeah I would too, bet you get a lot of meat on some of those Aberdeen monstera

Na it's all feather and air. Big bullying wankers walking about with their chests puffed out. Skinny wee c***s under all that #swag

So they're the OF supporters of the avian world.

[mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] talk me through your pizza oven. Where you got it from, how easy it is to use/clean etc.
Thank you. 

My man.

I have an Ooni koda. In the price range you pretty much have the choice between the ooni 3 which burns wood pellet but you can get a gas burner attachment, or the koda which is gas only. I went with the koda as my mate has the 3 and the wood is much more a f**k about to get going and keep going for any length of time where gas is obviously easily controlled. There are other ones on the market not just Ooni ones but I did a fair bit of looking and felt they were best for value and quality.

Using is a breeze. Patio gas bottle, fire it up maybe 15 mins prior to cooking and your away. Cleaning.... Nothing required really. On the odd occassion that something comes off the pizza and onto your stone, it pretty well turns to ash because its so hot in there. You can just give the stone a wee brush down once its cool. Thats all you ever need to do.

Not the cheapest toy in the world, however, the pizzas really are fucking brilliant, and theres other stuff you can do with it like cooking steaks on a griddle etc. I have never did that yet but made pitta breads and plan to try making homemade naan bread too.

If you believe that you will use it regularly and you can be arsed making the dough and sauce etc (there really f**k all to that either) then I cant recommend it highly enough. I love it.

33 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I found this sticking out of my rear lawn (steady) last night. It was at a jaunty angle. f**k knows what it is or how it got there. Anybody know what it is? Solid metal, threaded at each end, about 75cm long.

3D39419A-DD94-4788-9DAA-1A1C0748D784.jpeg

Yes. It's a solid metal bar that is about 75cm long and threaded at both ends. You've even mentioned it in your post, you lunatic.

Is anyone else finding a massive jump in car insurance premiums?

My renewal is due next month, and the price is going up by over 28% with my current insurer. A quick check, and that's among the cheapest policies. I've had no claims for 10 years, and have never had any points, etc.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is anyone else finding a massive jump in car insurance premiums?

My renewal is due next month, and the price is going up by over 28% with my current insurer. A quick check, and that's among the cheapest policies. I've had no claims for 10 years, and have never had any points, etc.

Just renewed mine. The previous shower of robbing b*****ds were wanting an extra £60 a year. Found an equivalent policy that was £50 cheaper than the original. 

A fucking racket that’s for sure.