Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, just me 2 said:

Another heating question, got a new towel rail when the bathroom was getting done, there was a leek that was found under the floor but now once it’s fixed and back on the heating isn’t as hot downstairs and one isn’t working. Am I going to need to bite the bulletin and get a professional?

All the radiators have been bled

No, a plumber mate. That's a bit OTT for a wee leak.

Another heating question, got a new towel rail when the bathroom was getting done, there was a leek that was found under the floor but now once it’s fixed and back on the heating isn’t as hot downstairs and one isn’t working. Am I going to need to bite the bulletin and get a professional?

Were there any other vegetables there?

I'm afraid you've been infested with Max Boyce

400520242_maxboyce.jpg.a5a7ce77f1647cbb6a4943089df10ea0.jpg

repeated showings of Joe Jordan's handball in 1978 should scare off the furry wee nuisance.. 

On 29/10/2019 at 20:31, Dee Man said:

It is an impressive kill room. Will require some sort of pulley system to lower the bodies out though. 

Lower them out? There's plenty of room for a huge vat of acid in the corner.

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

Too much hassle as you need to keep filtering and adding extra acid as the Ph changes over a period of time, depending on the mass weight being disposed this could be every day or weeks.

Best to get a few saltwater crocodiles.

That is where the old boiler used for be and the water tank. Instead going to insulate the wall with the shit load of insulation I have left.
Plenty things to be done.
Was going to put stairs in but was costing way more :-(

Guest Moomintroll
Where does 'teckle' come from? I'm reasonably well-traveled around this strange and wonderful wee country of ours but had never heard it before P&B.

Dundee, always Dundee.

8 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Where does 'teckle' come from? I'm reasonably well-traveled around this strange and wonderful wee country of ours but had never heard it before P&B.

I'm surprised Big Gus hasn't replied saying he invented it.

'Teckle' has a nice ring to it, would like to use it more. Is that acceptable for a Highlander or does that mark me as a wrong 'un/VL/OFTW etc etc? I suppose looking to random internet people for clearance to use Scottish slang probably makes me more one of the above, before anyone jumps in.