stuart.

Quick Question Thread

Is Stephen Dobbie the greatest goal scorer on the planet? I think he is but need clarification.
Oyster toxins have built up in your system shagger

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
36 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:
Is Stephen Dobbie the greatest goal scorer on the planet? I think he is but need clarification.

Oyster toxins have built up in your system shagger

You didn’t answer the question. 

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

well, he's on course to beat the QoS goalscoring record for a single season held by Jimmy Gray in 1927-28 (37 goals). 

Willie McFadyen of Motherwell holds the season record- 52 goals in 1931-32. 

but could he do it at Whitehill Welfare on a Wet Wednesday? 

well, he's on course to beat the QoS goalscoring record for a single season held by Jimmy Gray in 1927-28 (37 goals). 

Nicky Clark scored 41 for us the 2012/13 season. I’m fairly sure he’ll get another 4 this season to break that.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The season record is Jimmy Smith of Ayr United with 66 goals in 38 games in 1927/28.

Has anyone used spray adhesive rather than paste to put up wallpaper? I have a single strip to replace and wondered if it'd work.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Has anyone used spray adhesive rather than paste to put up wallpaper? I have a single strip to replace and wondered if it'd work.

just do it. what could possibly go wrong?

5c61b1db9cfda_laurelandhardy.jpg.0c96210db3d6ac6c4e5900e26337db78.jpg

Anyone been to a car boot sale recently? What's the going rate for dvds? Got loads sitting in boxes and wondering if it's worth my while trying to sell them at a boot sale or not.

13 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Anyone been to a car boot sale recently? What's the going rate for dvds? Got loads sitting in boxes and wondering if it's worth my while trying to sell them at a boot sale or not.

Not a lot I'd imagine.

You'd be better using Ziffit. You'd probably get more that way. I've punted loads of old CDs, DVDs, books and Xbox 360 games. You just need to scan barcodes and it tells you how much you get. You'll get a lot of them selling for £1 and right down to 20p, but you get a surprising amount that go for £2/£3/£4/£5 and sometimes higher, like totally unexpected ones. 

Probably only worth it if you have loads though, and you need to ensure the cases are undamaged or they'll be rejected (meaning they keep them and you get nothing, and they undoubtedly sell them anyway).

Not a lot I'd imagine.
You'd be better using Ziffit. You'd probably get more that way. I've punted loads of old CDs, DVDs, books and Xbox 360 games. You just need to scan barcodes and it tells you how much you get. You'll get a lot of them selling for £1 and right down to 20p, but you get a surprising amount that go for £2/£3/£4/£5 and sometimes higher, like totally unexpected ones. 
Probably only worth it if you have loads though, and you need to ensure the cases are undamaged or they'll be rejected (meaning they keep them and you get nothing, and they undoubtedly sell them anyway).

I'm sure I looked at a couple of the music magpie/ziffit apps but they were refusing to accept alot of titles (must already have loads of them) and the ones they would accept were all about 16p each.

12 minutes ago, spud131 said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
Not a lot I'd imagine.

I'm sure I looked at a couple of the music magpie/ziffit apps but they were refusing to accept alot of titles (must already have loads of them) and the ones they would accept were all about 16p each.

More fun going to a car boot sale imo. 50p each or 10 for £4.50.

i once had loads of boxes of dvds under the bed in the spare bedroom. went to get them out one day and all the boxes were empty. turned out that, months before, when we put up my homeless brother for a while he had emptied said boxes and headed to grouchos. hundreds of them gone.

i have no idea what he got for them so this doesnt help you at all but you reminded me of it.

On 2/8/2019 at 07:38, Bairnardo said:

Im coming to Alloa tomorrow. Il find you both.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:13, GordonD said:

How small a town do you think Alloa is?

First time checking in since Friday, and I'm shocked to see that nobody plucked this particular low-hanging fruit.

Are we developing...standards?  :huh:

On 13/02/2019 at 19:51, BigFatTabbyDave said:

First time checking in since Friday, and I'm shocked to see that nobody plucked this particular low-hanging fruit.

Are we developing...standards?  :huh:

Most towns in Scotland have a sign on the outskirts saying "Welcome to....".

Alloa's sign says "Alloa. What the f*ck are you looking at?"