Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Out weird him. Answer the door stark naked and ask what he's got in his pocket this time.

Reminds me of the joke: 

I just shocked my postman by going to the door naked. I don't know what surprised him more - the fact that I was naked, or that I know where he lives.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Would that not be an open goal for him to get the violin out again?

49 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Agreed. Get the first punch in, then keep hitting him until he goes limp.

Well, this discussion is taking an interesting but strange turn.

18 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I bought our postie a bottle of gin at Christmas to say sorry for having to deal with the industrial amount of parcels that Mrs Mathematics gets delivered daily.

Fool! Postman are alcoholic loners, every last one of them.

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

This is a weird one.

My postie has always been a bit hard work, he can't just give you your post, he has to make some shit joke before handing it over. I've always done my best to discourage him by just going "oh right" and never laughing.

Today he knocked on the door and the missus answered. She has a brace on her arm just now and he goes "oh you've hurt your arm" and she explains how she's hurt it picking up our son. He goes "hang on", reaches into his jacket, pulls out a wee box, takes - I shit you not - a wee toy violin out, pretends to play it then hands over our post.

Am I a grumpy auld basturt for thinking this veers into OFTW territory? Has he clocked her brace and brought it specifically to engineer this uncomfortable interaction, or is he a wannabe comedian with a prop for every eventuality? Would you phone up to ask his boss to tell him to stop being such a weirdo and just give us our post, or am I just being a killjoy about an eccentric character?

what you need is something to put the fear into the cnut, like a rottweiler. Or even better...

Spoiler

smudger.jpg.448054effb129382ad809a25215e15c7.jpg

This is a weird one.

My postie has always been a bit hard work, he can't just give you your post, he has to make some shit joke before handing it over. I've always done my best to discourage him by just going "oh right" and never laughing.

Today he knocked on the door and the missus answered. She has a brace on her arm just now and he goes "oh you've hurt your arm" and she explains how she's hurt it picking up our son. He goes "hang on", reaches into his jacket, pulls out a wee box, takes - I shit you not - a wee toy violin out, pretends to play it then hands over our post.

Am I a grumpy auld basturt for thinking this veers into OFTW territory? Has he clocked her brace and brought it specifically to engineer this uncomfortable interaction, or is he a wannabe comedian with a prop for every eventuality? Would you phone up to ask his boss to tell him to stop being such a weirdo and just give us our post, or am I just being a killjoy about an eccentric character?
Do you speak to any of your neighbours? Maybe ask if he's a p***k with them too.

3 hours ago, Swarley said:
13 hours ago, MixuFixit said:
This is a weird one.

Do you speak to any of your neighbours? Maybe ask if he's a p***k with them too.

Who talks to their neighbours?

3 hours ago, Swarley said:
13 hours ago, MixuFixit said:
This is a weird one.

Maybe It was  Bairnardo’s Double bass he was delivering.