Quick Question Thread

A house not 100 meters from mine has put a proper, legit flag pole in their garden. It's a good 25ft tall and looks fairly sturdy. Imaging the kind of flag pole you often see in America adorned with the stars and stripes. Unfortunately this one is topped off with a union Jack. This has me seething every time I look at it.

What should I do about this.?

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

A house not 100 meters from mine has put a proper, legit flag pole in their garden. It's a good 25ft tall and looks fairly sturdy. Imaging the kind of flag pole you often see in America adorned with the stars and stripes. Unfortunately this one is topped off with a union Jack. This has me seething every time I look at it.

Sit it out, all the bloody Poles are going home after Brexit, apparently.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

She's right.  Two factors to consider - the water dripping onto the worktop if placed as you suggest, and the risk of heat damage to the worktop as the lid is much hotter around the edge than the handle is.

Hmmm, there is a certain logic to that answer.   Disappointing.  I might have to keep these findings to myself.

1 hour ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Why do you want to lay it down ? Spoon in one hand, lid in the other, stir, lid back on, sit back and think how tasty you spaghetti hoops are going to be in a few minutes.

All very well in theory , if it's something of fairly thin consistency  (like us spaghetti hoops) that's being stirred.      But for something thicker like stovies , once my forearm gets going with some proper stirring , the whole pan starts going round too, so I have to hold the pan-handle.   And I'm clean out of third hands.

Apart from trolling, why would you be seething at your countries flag? Try again.

11 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
48 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Apart from trolling, why would you be seething at your countries flag? Try again.

No, it's a union jack not a saltire, you must have read it wrong.

HTH

I have mixed feelings about people who fly the union flag as it's been hijacked by **** so you never know if they're **** or just proud to be British. Flagpole in Ayr and on train through Dalry or some such shit hole have saltire and Catalan flags. Total c***s. HTH

Pretty sure you need planning permission do you not?

Eta if the pole is over 4.6 meters.

43 minutes ago, hk blues said:

No problem with this erection then - it's in feet.  

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Couldnt find anything Scotland specific but yes, interesting, let me know how you get on!

No way I can accurately meassure it, I might just Lee Wallace the guy to the council.