Quick Question Thread

Yes. Look at the weather! Get the beers open mad.gif

QQ; how is it you work out degrees C from degrees F? Me and 2 mates yesterday completely forgot, and his thermomoter read 87F. Some of our equations were working out at 114 degrees C. :lol:

From C to F, the rough method is double it and add 30. From F to C, subtract 30 and half it.

That method would have 87F as 28.5 C (in reality it's 30.5C).

You must have had the thermometer out in the direct sunlight, so you weren't getting a true reading anyway.

Yes. Look at the weather! Get the beers open mad.gif

QQ; how is it you work out degrees C from degrees F? Me and 2 mates yesterday completely forgot, and his thermomoter read 87F. Some of our equations were working out at 114 degrees C. :lol:

°C x 9/5 + 32 = °F

(°F - 32) x 5/9 = °C

Say you've a person right. Fair intellectual capacity. Fair qualifications. Fit to take a plethora of routes into what would be further education. Or any sort of skills furtherance programme(s). But that person's attitude is that... he/she does not desire so much as a scintilla of additional, formal training in any discipline. Or doesn't wish to absorb any more technical information in a particular field.

Simply doesn't wish to... Not for any aversion to work. But for apathy, despise of learning environments and the company to keep. I suppose the crux is... Is there anything intrinsically wrong with unambition - particularly in the case of a person whom could almost certainly achieve something more materialistic? If you want to look at it that way.

Unskilled work. A preference for that. A preference for... turning a modest coin. Having a less than lavish lifestyle. Adequacy over affluence.

It's all a bit deep I suppose and hardly 'quick', but I was rather taken aback by the frowns cast elsewhere. Personally, I see nothing inherently bad about it. And I tend to think those who do base their assertions on irrationality; instilled faith, moral compass rubbish.

You can beat an egg

Say you've a person right. Fair intellectual capacity. Fair qualifications. Fit to take a plethora of routes into what would be further education. Or any sort of skills furtherance programme(s). But that person's attitude is that... he/she does not desire so much as a scintilla of additional, formal training in any discipline. Or doesn't wish to absorb any more technical information in a particular field.

Simply doesn't wish to... Not for any aversion to work. But for apathy, despise of learning environments and the company to keep. I suppose the crux is... Is there anything intrinsically wrong with unambition - particularly in the case of a person whom could almost certainly achieve something more materialistic? If you want to look at it that way.

Unskilled work. A preference for that. A preference for... turning a modest coin. Having a less than lavish lifestyle. Adequacy over affluence.

It's all a bit deep I suppose and hardly 'quick', but I was rather taken aback by the frowns cast elsewhere. Personally, I see nothing inherently bad about it. And I tend to think those who do base their assertions on irrationality; instilled faith, moral compass rubbish.

Fucking hell, that's a bit deep.

I would say they are a smart person though. I spent the first 10 or so years of my working life (and indeed all of my education) chasing high achievement, and got a fair way there. However, I had no social life to speak of due to the field I chose to work in (corporate finance), and was always away from home.

Wife had a child and decided to give that up and settle for the "adequacy over affluence" as you very eloquently put it, as would never see them otherwise. Found it very difficult to adjust, always comparing myself to the peers that I was working in CF with (they're earning more, bigger house, better car, etc) which is ridiculous because I have more than adequacy. Always feel like I'm wasting my time, not working hard enough, etc.

However, I think by the time you get to employment age it's in your mentality one way or another to push for more or settle for the easy life. I envy those that can do the latter, as I think it brings more peace of mind.

EDIT - slightly curious as to why I'm pouring out my psychological insecurities on a football forum populated by people who I don't know and probably don't care!!:D

Edited by Disco Duck

Is Ch5 available on freeview :unsure:

I am having to use it as my Sky install is not till next sunday but no programme info is coming up.

Yes, but if your conventional aerial isn't good enough, it may not pick up the signal.

Is Ch5 available on freeview :unsure:

I am having to use it as my Sky install is not till next sunday but no programme info is coming up.

What Ad Lib says. We couldn't get it on our Freeview box, even though we were meant to.

What website can I use to find out the amount properties in a certain postcode / street have been sold for recently?

ZOOPLA

This is the site used by the EA's!!!

can you BECOME lactose intolerant? e.g. no problems then several symptoms?

I have a strong feeling you can. That said I am no doctor so best you get a professional to take a look.

Are there any major toy shops I could buy Subbuteo figures in, or Subbuteo accessories?

I took my stadium from my dads this afternoon, and I want more/news players and stuff.