Quick Question Thread

You can use your discretion at all traffic lights, if there's nothing coming just go through, it'll be fine, trust me.

And if there is something coming , blast your horn and swear a lot and everything will work out OK.

35 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I was just correctly answering the question.

But yes, I am indeed a wimp (never been more wimpy than I am currently btw, sitting here at 8 stone (5ft 9", 2 and a 1/2 stone down on my usual) and struggling to climb a flight of stairs, waiting for the doc to call me back with a spare bed in ninewells).

I hope you feel guilty. I'm crying now.

Manflu?

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Bad aids more like.

(Severe crohn's disease. It's usually a bit shit (so to speak) but this spell is much worse. Drip feeding imminent...possibly not just as a short term measureemoji33.png)

That does sound a bit shit, sorry to hear about it. I will continue to call out your unmanliness when appropriate though, duty comes first.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Bad aids more like.

(Severe crohn's disease. It's usually a bit shit (so to speak) but this spell is much worse. Drip feeding imminent...possibly not just as a short term measureemoji33.png)

Make sure the Ninewells staff get the windows open and heating cranked up for your visit. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The average temperature inside Ninewells is about twice that of the sun's core so hopefully they can get the window situation sorted.

After a few weeks of seeing Michael Moffat launch every chance that comes his way into the Irish Sea/pie stall/Carrick Hills his fellow Ayr fans will view him as the lucky one.

Is the obscene heat a ploy to get the punters out quicker or am I confusing Ninewells with a brothel?

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Make sure the Ninewells staff get the windows open and heating cranked up for your visit. 

I'll pop along and ask them to do so. The windows are open in our office, so that's a start.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

After a few weeks of seeing Michael Moffat launch every chance that comes his way into the Irish Sea/pie stall/Carrick Hills his fellow Ayr fans will view him as the lucky one.

Is the obscene heat a ploy to get the punters out quicker or am I confusing Ninewells with a brothel?

It's a bit of bith judging by the 'clientele'

Ha.

Aye its absolutely sweltering in that building - but I think it's the sheets they use in hospitals generally. You wake up in a puddle of sweat. Or piss. Something wet anyway.

Cheers for the kind words and suggestions lads. I've got champ manager loaded on the laptop so that will pass the time a bit.

Ha.  

Cheers for the kind words and suggestions lads. I've got champ manager loaded on the laptop so that will pass the time a bit.

Cathro found. In fact, was this his resignation chat to the dressing room?

ETA duh he got sacked, he didn't resign!

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Past few days I have seen a fair few folk going through reds at temporary lights for roadworks and the like, nothing coming the other way obviously.

Is this acceptable behavioir?

Yes. Perfectly legal. But real drivers go only when there is something coming the other way.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

If someone pays you by PayPal, once the money is in your account, can it be taken back out again by the sender? I.e. Can they claim a false transaction or something and have the transaction cancelled and reversed?

Hmm, which players have Dumbarton sold recently?

23 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

If someone pays you by PayPal, once the money is in your account, can it be taken back out again by the sender? I.e. Can they claim a false transaction or something and have the transaction cancelled and reversed?

I think they can, especially if they backed Paypal with a credit card. Heard of people selling cars on Ebay getting stiffed.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

I can't see PayPal reversing the transaction without contacting you first to get your side of any dispute.

20 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I can't see PayPal reversing the transaction without contacting you first to get your side of any dispute.

It's the buyer's credit card firm that initiates it, Paypal just try not to lose out. I'm no expert on this though.