Quick Question Thread

Sky Anytime. When you record something off it and it puts it into your planner, does it stay there until you delete it or does it automatically delete itself when it is finished on Anytime?

No idea, I know that if you record something off the telly it is automatically deleted if it's viewed and the hard disc is looking for room. I would press the blue button to "keep" it and hope for the best.

Anyone got any a) good, and b) sensible ideas for clearing blocked ears (blocked as a result of a cold, not with wax)?

I’m pretty much almost deaf in my left ear at the moment and the right isn’t 100% either, and it ain’t much fun.

Was going to look at olbas oil in a bowl of boiling water and inhaling to try and clear the sinuses, which seems preferable to most of the mad things I’ve red online like pouring saline solutions up the nose or holding your nose and blowing really hard- ui tried the second one and it just hurt.

Anyone got any a) good, and b) sensible ideas for clearing blocked ears (blocked as a result of a cold, not with wax)?

I’m pretty much almost deaf in my left ear at the moment and the right isn’t 100% either, and it ain’t much fun.

Was going to look at olbas oil in a bowl of boiling water and inhaling to try and clear the sinuses, which seems preferable to most of the mad things I’ve red online like pouring saline solutions up the nose or holding your nose and blowing really hard- ui tried the second one and it just hurt.

holding ur nose and blowing hard is the best solution as this will clear any blockages in your eustacian tube. If your going for the olbas oil option use menthol crystals instead of olbas oil for a much better effect

I'd like to know how the makers managed to make this.

Highly trained animals and creative editing? I doubt the cougar and the bear cub were filmed together.

Alternatively, wunfellaf is correct. You can clearly see the zip in the bear suit in one shot.

Why do people when running for a bus, stop running with about 10m to go and walk the rest, inevitably missing the bus as it pulls away 9/10? Saw it happen yet again this morning. :blink:

They don't want to look foolish to those on the bus if it sets off without them. A bus full of people mocking you is terrible.

I was walking down the road with a mate a couple of years back and stepped in a steaming pile of dog shit. As he was checking the bottom of his shoe a bus pulled up next to us at the traffic lights and loads of people started to point and laugh. I was cringing and it wasn't even me they were laughing at.

Do all cultures have their "big" meal (dinner) in the afternoon/evening?

I was just thinking, would it not make more sense to have the biggest meal in the morning, to fill you up with energy and whatnot, then have a small meal at lunch, and a medium sized one at dinnertime, to tide you through til bedtime?

I need to present three forms of ID for a Disclosure Scotland form. They want three kinds of ID. Will they take a debit card as one form of proof? Outside of a driving licence and a passport I don't have anything else.

I need to present three forms of ID for a Disclosure Scotland form. They want three kinds of ID. Will they take a debit card as one form of proof? Outside of a driving licence and a passport I don't have anything else.

It should be ok but I would also take along a recent bank statement as well just to be sure

I'm watching the highlights of the Champions League (Barcelona vs Arsenal) from last night, and I'm wondering if I've heard correctly...

Did I actually just hear Andy Townsend compare Lionel Messi's finishing last night as similar to 'Robbie Fowler in his heyday'?

huh.gif

Yes, yes you did.