Quick Question Thread

I've been meaning to try and find this out for a while;

In the Danone Activia adverts, they originally claimed it had a 'unique digestive transit' Bifidis Digestivum. Now the adverts claim it has a 'unique digestive transit' Bifidis ActiRegularis. Does anyone know why it changed? Or if both are, as I suspect, just totally made up?

Google search them. If they exist, you'll find them in more places than just the Danone adverts.

I'd offer to do it, but I'm currently writing a college report. Honest I am. :rolleyes:

I've been meaning to try and find this out for a while;

In the Danone Activia adverts, they originally claimed it had a 'unique digestive transit' Bifidis Digestivum. Now the adverts claim it has a 'unique digestive transit' Bifidis ActiRegularis. Does anyone know why it changed? Or if both are, as I suspect, just totally made up?

Same thing. Different name for different country.

Several companies have attempted to trademark specific subspecies and as a marketing technique, renaming the subspecies with scientific sounding names. Danone (Dannon) have claimed trademark status on the subspecies strain DN 173 010 and markets the organism as Bifidus Digestivum (UK), Bifidus Regularis (US and Mexico),

Anyone here experienced in assessing college reports and can spare me a little time to read over one and tell me if it reads ok and has everything in it that it's meant to? I have one and I want to make sure I've written what I'm meant to and I don't think I can look at it objectively.

What is the course you're completing?

This is just for part of my Counselling unit. I've got 4 more to do after this, but they're shorter. This one's only meant to be 250-300 words, but I seem to have gone on for about 450, and there's still a little bit more information I have to include, so I'm sure there's some bits I can leave out!

If your course was on being cool as f**k, or something similar, I could have helped. Sorry.

I always struggle to keep essays/reports to the word limit. It's hard to keep it down. One piece of advice I would give is to take out any 'it's' or 'you're' or other abbreviations. Type it 'it is' or 'you are'. I know it brings the word count up, but apparently it makes it better.

I never knew that. I will do that now!

I never knew that. I will do that now!

Im obviously not an expert in your course, but I've done a fair number of reports down the years, so if you want, I'll have a quick read over (Im feeling helpful the day).

Edited to add, thats just for style aspects and all that though! For the actual content, sorry, can't really help.

Edited by xbl

Im obviously not an expert in your course, but I've done a fair number of reports down the years, so if you want, I'll have a quick read over (Im feeling helpful the day).

Edited to add, thats just for style aspects and all that though! For the actual content, sorry, can't really help.

The actual content isn't really the important bit if you get what I mean. It doesn't say, but I'm assuming I'm meant to be writing a report that anyone can read and understand, rather than just my lecturer, so as long as it makes sense and contains everything it's meant to (I've got the criteria here as well), then that's it.

With Minty? How did that come about? Has he just moved in since Dawn, Gary & Summer went? If so where was he before that?

No, he was living with them all at one point. At some time before that, he was sleeping on the sofa at Denise's (the former B&B).

No, he was living with them all at one point. At some time before that, he was sleeping on the sofa at Denise's (the former B&B).

Great, thanks for clearing that up. He annoys me when I see him and I don't know where he's been living. I assumed he just slept in the car lot or something.

I don't like that crippled lad who has just moved in with them. Going to be trouble with him and Darren.

Why is it Stella Artois "four" in the advert where the guy speaks entirely in French, when it should be Stella Artois "quatre"? It's not even a play on "forte / strong" as it's weaker than regular Stella.

Isnt it 'cos its 4%?